How do you know its the real thing?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
Sorry If I ramble on but not very good at explaining things lol
Anyways... with my son I was induced at 37 weeks so I didnt go into labour naturally, so I have no idea of what to expect to 'know' when I'm in labour.
This time my mum is my birthing partner and lives 1 1/2 hours away.
So when Im in labour she will be coming down, and then taking my son to my nans house and then taking me into hospital.
I just wondered how you know its the real thing and not just lots of braxton hicks as i cant get my mum down every time i get some braxton hix iykwim?
Also Im worried that it'll all come on really quickly and Ill have to get my neighbour over to sit with joe while i get a ambulance to hospital until my mum gets down.
I just want to know really how you knew it was the real thing and if you went into hospital straight away or if you went in when they were really bad so had a few hours to spare?
also what happens if your waters break first do u deffo go into hospital then or can u still stay at home with ur waters gone?

Thanks, sorry for rambling lol

Last edited:
BH's shouldn't be painful whereas contractions are! Both my labours have been very quick so didn't have many niggles just straight in with contractions. Contractions also get stronger as labour progresses! You kinda know when your in labour!! x x

i was the same - induced with my 1st. so with my 2nd I was worried too. like ^^ I had a quick 2nd labour that started with really strong bh. they soon got really painful so I knew it was the real thing!!
and if your waters go, best ring the hospital. they may tell you to stay at home for a certain amuont of time. with my 3rd, my waters went but no labour. was induced 3 days later xx

yeah it sounds really clicheed but you pretty much just know! i was scarerd i wouldnt know but as soon as i felt a contraction i knew it was the real deal!! x

i knew i was the real thing with my daughter because contractions bloody hurt lol.
they started at 4am but i didnt ring the hospital or midwife till they were 5mins apart ( which was about 8am).
when my waters went, i went straight to hospital. all they done was monitor baby for about 2 hours. then sent me home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back