• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you keep their room cool AND dark at night!!!

KJ

Reaction score
This might seem like a simple question, but it's driving me crazy!

We have balckout fabric against Ash's window and then a blackout blind over that. But in this hot weather his room is getting too hot.

But when we open the window, the blind sucks into the window and then bangs against the wall. The same thing happens with the fabric if we leave the blind up. They make such a noise and wake him up.

What does everyone else do about opening your LO's window at night?

K.xxx

To keep my sons room cool i keep the windows shut and the curtains shut all day.

Thanks Mrs Tommo, and at night aswell?

Our monitor keeps telling us his room is 24 degrees at night, and is flashing up 'too hot!' all the time!

K.x

I just leave the window open and the curtains flap a bit but they are full length so I just put the nappy wrapper infront of them and it stops them blowing horizontally :rotfl:

Isaac's still in our room as we're only in a 1bed at the moment, but the room is very very cold on a night so we're still trying to keep him warm believe it or not :shock:

As for the blackout blind issue, we've put rolled up unused curtains along the top of the blind to stop light seeping through, and hung dressing gowns over the ends of the blind to stop light coming through at the sides :lol: it definitely works though :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back