how do you get up from the bed?

laetitia85

Reaction score
this might sound like a silly question but how do you get out or get up from the bed? it hurts everytime I try. my nurse has suggested I lay on my side first but it hurst as well, my bump and all the muscles around it are very sensitive. it feels like i'm doing sit-ups each time. :wall:

I have the same problem, getting up from laying down is agony. I just kind of scoot my way off the bed lol but it is difficult :wall:

Swing both your legs over the edge of the bed with your knees together and lift yourself up.

I always roll onto my side and then put both hands by my shoulder and push myself up until I'm sitting (if that makes sense!).

It saves using your tummy muscles and my midwife recommended it.

K.xx

I roll onto my side.
Swing both legs over the edge of the bed.
And push my upper body up with my arms.

That's how I would recommend some of my elderly patients get out of bed.

I'm not sure what to suggest if you are finding it painful getting onto your side. Mybe a physio might be able to show you alternative ways. xxx

I'm the same, it hurts a lot to move, we have quite a low bed and i feel like a cripple trying to get out of it!
I slowly move onto my side and then swing my legs over and slowly get up. It hurts to straighten my body for the first minute or so, if anyone could see me they'd laugh but it really is very painful in my lower back, especially at 4am in the morning going to the loo! :oops:

With great difficulty!

I kinda roll out now but im massive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back