how do you decide?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
on what to do for christmas day?

its either.....

stay at home and oh cook dinner, me do the dishes. and have one of our families round for dinner, and one of them round in the evening.

go to my mums for dinner

go to his mums for dinner

personally i would rather go round to my mums for dinner, i know now that with a 1yo and a newborn that i wont be in the mood to be entertaining people at our house all day and into the evening i will just want to chill and not worry if everyones got a drink or if people are enjoying themselves and plus if theyre at mine i cant tell them to leave.

i dont want to go to ohs mums because i will still feel like i have to make the effort to speak and then everyone will be mithering to hold the new baby and tbh im not as fond of them as my own family as much as mine drive me nuts.

but i get the feeling oh wants to go his mums. gahh. my mum offered with no pressure just to let her know, its just got me thinking how i cant be bothered with all the fuss over the new baby and straight afterwards having them all back round again for christmas.... especially as its family that NEVER bother any other time except when they want to see what your baby looks like or because its xmas and you 'have to' xxx
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I'd have opening pressies at home maybe a late brunch at mil then go round your mums so you bothe get what you want. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

If it was me I'd make a flying visit in the morning to his family and then have dinner with my family. you will have just had a baby and like you say it will be stressful enough with the baby and a 1 year old, do what's best for you I'm sure oh will understand xx

yeah but oh wont want to upset his mum :/

she wanted to come down last year for dinner but i said no,for the reasons that it would be our first xmas together as a family and charlie was only 2 months old so didnt want the stress. plus she has a 29yo with asperges who i know its not his fault, but i feel awkward around cause he doesnt speak and a 14 year old daughter who can sometimes be alright, sometimes hyperactive and a bit too much, or sometimes sulky and i dont feel particularly comfortable sitting eating with them. oh said before we can go my mums for dinner though and his mums in the evening but the babies will be wanting to go to bed and that....

Normally we take in in turns to visit my parents and his parents (we have to stop over night or for a few days as there 200 miles and 120 miles away)

However this year we;re staying at home as I'm far too preggers to cope with such a long journey and trying to sleep in solid beds in cold houses.

Dunno what we'll be doing either other than be bored lol.

yeah but oh wont want to upset his mum :/
oh said before we can go my mums for dinner though and his mums in the evening but the babies will be wanting to go to bed and that....

You've got to get the kids to bed - that can be your reason to not stay too long ;-)

yeah i suppose :) weve decided to go out for xmas dinner now- if we can find anywhere to book so late! and itll cost us nearly 100 quid if not more but id rather eat at my mums and hed rather eat at his.

we were at his mums yesterday and she was going on about itll cost a lot and are we taking the baby as well as charlie etc etc and i just said 'it works out easier for us' i didnt really wanna say 'well my mum already offered but R wants to eat here and id rather not'

its the atmosphere too, they dont really speak whereas at my mums we have music on and pull crackers etc.

theres still the evening though... i suppose if we just go his mums in the evening for about an hour it wont be too bad... it all depends on charlie really as im guessing the baby will sleep anywhere anytime but charlies always been really unpredictable.

gah i love christmas but hate all the faffing and trying not to offend anyone and fitting in time to see those family members that you dont really want to see even though its only once out of the whole year (like my crazy annoying auntie), i know my mum wouldnt be bothered if i ate at his mums but his mum would if we ate at mine...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back