How do you buy for twins?

Anderson

Reaction score
I mean, do you really need 2 of most everything when having twins? I have been working on a registry, and this news totally threw me for a loop today...lol. I know obvious things you don't need 2 of like a bath, changing table etc. but what about other things? :?

Yep my sister has twins and she had to get pretty much two of everything. Some things she got away with like getting 1 swing chair and one play mat at first but they soon get to big needing one each. Xxx

Oh my...that is going to be spendy lol! Thank you, I'm trying to plan ahead. Do you think 9 weeks is jumping the gun with twin planning?

It's probably never too early to plan :) congrats on your twins. How about trying to find some second hand in very good condition?

My friend has twin boys and pretty much has two of everything, I don't think your jumping the gun planning already hon, it's a lot of stuff to buy for two!
As Hope says, you could pick up some good second hand stuff, like cribs (but I'd buy new mattresses) to help you economise a bit?
Will babies Dad help out?
Good luck!

Maybe post in the baby and toddler/ask a mum section. 1986princess had identical twin boys in December and kerrykins had a boy and girl in December. They should be able to offer u some advice xxx

I will try posting in the toddler/ask a mom section too...didn't even think about doing that, probably because that would make sense :p lol! Thanks for the advice ladies :) second hand is a good idea for the bigger stuff. Cribs are expensive!!

mishi - The dad won't be helping out much if at all...I'll be lucky if he comes around to see the twins on a regular basis, let alone him helping out financially :( I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised with that though....but I don't want to get my hopes up. He doesn't know I'm having twins yet, haven't talked to him in 5 days(he's hard to get a hold of). So we will see, fingers crossed! I have some things to point out to him, that's for sure lol!

My best friend was a single pregnant mum expecting twins and yes you literally need 2 of everything! But I know the girls swap clothes all the time and share toys so if you are having two of the same sex then the better for them lol! They are now 2, my friend is still single and they cope the best. She never found it that difficult and her family has been quite good helping out with babysitting and buying lots of gifts lol. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy xxxx

My best friend was a single pregnant mum expecting twins and yes you literally need 2 of everything! But I know the girls swap clothes all the time and share toys so if you are having two of the same sex then the better for them lol! They are now 2, my friend is still single and they cope the best. She never found it that difficult and her family has been quite good helping out with babysitting and buying lots of gifts lol. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy xxxx

Thank you for this :hug: It's reassuring to know that it can be done without a whole lot of struggle. I had a long talk with the dad yesterday, and he isn't ready for 2 but would still be there for me...he just said he doesn't have time to be there as much as I will need him to be and will have to do just about everything on my own financially and non-financially...so I was right in my assumption.

I can't wait to find out the sex(s) :D and I have a pretty big family, so the babies that are in the fam so far get pretty spoiled lol.

Thank you for this :hug: It's reassuring to know that it can be done without a whole lot of struggle. I had a long talk with the dad yesterday, and he isn't ready for 2 but would still be there for me...he just said he doesn't have time to be there as much as I will need him to be and will have to do just about everything on my own financially and non-financially...so I was right in my assumption.

I can't wait to find out the sex(s) :D and I have a pretty big family, so the babies that are in the fam so far get pretty spoiled lol.

That's a pity he's reacted like that but at least you can do everything your own way, and it's great you have a big close family so the babys will always have people around them and you will have people there for you :) I would have loved twins lol xxxx

sounds like you got your head screwed on and im in exactly the same boat as you regarding the daddy x

Yeah, a big family will definitely come in handy in this situation!! I'm hoping that the dad will come around once he realizes I'm not like the other 2 moms and would never keep him from his kids...but I guess any attention he has time for is better than none at all.

Loula - I'm sorry you're in this type of situation with the dad :( it's not a good feeling to have. Mike and I are talking at least and still want to hang out with eachother and be around eachother...but I know as far as the financial ability and time is concerned he was being honest. He is going through some things right now, and I feel for him, but I hope he will come around a little more than he is right now...I hope the father of your baby will too. :hugs:Xx

Least he talks to you, babys daddy hasnt spoken to me since i was like 12 weeks and ive tried phoning and txting but no answer so have given up. Shame really i didnt plan on being in this situation let alone without some form of help from him, its his loss but also the babys. Ive got brilliant family and friends and am prepared to do it all on my own, i cnt wait, saves on the arguing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back