• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how do I tell ......

Sunflower

Reaction score
one of my best friends that I am pregnant. We have been trying at thee same time. Her and husband are going through lots of tests and have been trying for a year longerthan us. I have had a mc in march and have only just told her about that as was afraid it would upset her.

There are a group of friends and I have been thinking how I will tell them but I don't think it's fair to tell her in front of them as am sure she will be a bit upset but happy for me! I know how hard it is when someone close to you gets pregnant when that's all you want - my sis in law announced she was pregnant 4 weeks after I miscarried so was very mixed emotions for me!

Just don't want to do it the wrong way and hurt her!

Any advice x
On top of that have to tell girls am having twins x

I would just tell her when your alone with her. I'm sure she will be over the moon for you xx

Congratulations BTW x

It is a tricky one but like you have already said tell her on her own, I have been ttc for 15 months now and going through loads of test, and a friend has just told me that his GF is pregnant they was not trying and did not really want kids at the moment, I am sooo happy for them! yes I was gutted at first that it was not me but listening to how exicted they are and all their plans I really am pleased for them. I am sure your friend will be over the moon for you, It would be best her hearing it from you rather then someone else aswell.

Congratulations on twins :cheer: double the trouble as they say :lol:

Good luck with your friend I am sure she will be fine. :hug: :hug: :hug:

A&J said:
It is a tricky one but like you have already said tell her on her own, I have been ttc for 15 months now and going through loads of test, and a friend has just told me that his GF is pregnant they was not trying and did not really want kids at the moment, I am sooo happy for them! yes I was gutted at first that it was not me but listening to how exicted they are and all their plans I really am pleased for them. I am sure your friend will be over the moon for you, It would be best her hearing it from you rather then someone else aswell.

Congratulations on twins :cheer: double the trouble as they say :lol:

Good luck with your friend I am sure she will be fine. :hug: :hug: :hug:
i'll second that :D
congrats on the twins :dance: :dance: :cheer: :cheer:

Your being very careful and sensitive about it - I think thats all your friend will want. :hug:

Hi :wave:
Arent you lovely for thinking of your friend :hug:
I have just been on the receiving end of a tactless "baby announcement" and i am still a bit upset by it to be honest. AF had just arrived and I had to go and visit these people so i wasnt in the best frame of mind anyway but they made a big deal and told me (even tho they know our situation) and i had give out the congratulations, look at the first baby scans etc. They are onto their second baby in the time we have been TTC. I managed to hold it together for an hour then cried all the way home and then for another two hours. Dont get me wrong, I am overjoyed for them but i think i would have preferred a quiet word in my ear or even a quick fone call would have been easier, just so i was bit more prepared.
I hope this helps xxxx

She's your best friend, I think she'll be pleased for you and doubly so that it's twins. Pick your timing though, and you could say she will be like an aunty. :hug:

i saw your post in first tri when i was lurking one day, a big congrats again on your wonderful news :cheer:

when i got PG with DS i was trying alongside a friend who had been trying for quite a while longer than us, she was a regular on here too so i had to be careful to ring her and tell her before i posted on here or til i announced it to everyone else. i know she was pleased for me but there is also that factor of sheer jealously and disapointment that its not her, as long as you are aware of that and sensitive to that which you are, she will be over the moon for you, might have to be ready for a few tears though xx :hug:

thanks girls just quite sensitive about her - for all i know she i s pregnant now and is being careful but just think will tell her seperately and on the phone so that if she is upset she has time .

I know with my sis in law I was upset at first but once I had a few days I was so happy for them but just needed time to deal with it and I was grateful that she told us on the phone as think she would have been disapointed with my face. But saw her three days later and I was genuinely happy for her and was able to seperate the two things but just took me some time.

Thanks for your advice - its still six weeks away before I spill the beans but just not sure how big how quickly I am going to get so just want to be prepared.

Sxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back