how do i stop my baby from having night feeds

rosie09

Reaction score
my baby is on mashed up food and eating thought the day before bed 8pm gets 7oz milk and wakes up at 1.30 for a bottle and agen at5.30 them wakes up at 7am for the day dose any one have any ideas on how i could cut out the night feeds

someone said try giving him juice a drink and see if he goes back to sleep but dont readly no i think iv just got a baby how wakes up thoght the night lol x

Are they waking due to habit or are they drinking alot of milk during the night?
If charley wakes up I give him his dummy and he does go back to sleep. Sometimes he might spit it out afew times but I just keep putting it back in. If he spits it out and starts crying like he is actually hungry I feed him but I haven't had to feed him in a week now!

I do the same as LM, Lizzie nearly always just wants her dummy again at about 2am and will sleep again till 4 then have her night feed :)

We're still doing a night feed, LO usually has about 6oz. Cannot get him to take more milok in the day so will have tosettle with this for a while. Last week or so with teething he's been having 2 ngiht feeds of about 4 oz each! Ah well. We'll get there one day!

Are they waking due to habit or are they drinking alot of milk during the night?
If charley wakes up I give him his dummy and he does go back to sleep. Sometimes he might spit it out afew times but I just keep putting it back in. If he spits it out and starts crying like he is actually hungry I feed him but I haven't had to feed him in a week now!

Yay for Charley!!!

Itcould be just a hungry baby and need extra I'm sure when he gets older he will grow out of it too Amy goes to bed with a bottle but doesn't wake up during the night she stays a sleep and wakes about 8 wanting one all babies are different and need more than others You could gradually cut it down taking an oz away at a time

Could well be a grown spurt. My LO had no feeds in the night for ages an then around 9 months he seemed more hungry again in the night aswell his teething issues etc.. i found that he was still hungry an crying through his dummy an he will take a good 7oz bottle an then wont wake until about 5 in the morning so could need more. x

My LO is nearly 6 months and for the last few nights has started waking in the night again i think its just a growth Spurt xx

im going through the same thing with my lo. sometimes he will only have 1 night feed othertimes 2. i always try the dummy first but if he is definately hungry i give him a bottle. at this stage the milk is so important for them so as long as my lo is hungry (& i definatley know when he is as he screams and then drains the bottle in 5 mins and is fast asleep again!) i will continue to give it to him, as fustrating as it is that we dont get to sleep all night! i dont think my lo is waking out of habit as one night he has a feed at 7pm, and then woke at 6am! othernights he has a feed at 7pm and then wakes 2am! i just never know!!! i actually dont mind waking to feed him during the night as im used to it, and i know that he will sleep through when he is ready!!! hope that helps!

Alanna wakes up about 4am everyday but i just give her her dummy and yeah she settles again, same as LM i have to replace it a couple times but it works eventually :p she doesnt every cry at night though just wakes up n whinges a bit

thanks im going to try the dummy thing and see if i can try and cut the middly feed out x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back