How do i stop him saying it!

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
He keeps saying shut up at everyone and anything and hes using it in the right context. I know i should ignore it and do most of the time but somedays he says it so much that i generally want to slap him and send him to his room.
But have resisted that urge as a smack is fore the really bad stuff.

But its driving me mad and he says it to me,his dad his nanny everyone and its upsetting and Iam just fed up of it and want him out of my face when he does it cos he is so unpleasant at the moment.

Any ideas?

I think its a phase hes going through.. he will come out of it soon but can understand why your getting so frustrated with him saying it..

I cant really say its naughty just annoying isnt it.. :hug:

To me though it is naughty and I hate it that he knows he gets a reaction when he says it.He dont care whether its a bad one or a good one.

I just hope when the bungalow is sorted and we move in there that I can sort him out and get him into a proper routine again with no one interfering.

Well, hun if the fact that he is getting a reaction is making him do it more, then stop reacting to him. Withdraw attention when he says it. My little girl screamed at me the other day because she didn't have her way. I raised my voice and corrected her. She started to cry and then wanted me to play with her teddy. I looked at her and said in a calm tone that I didn't want to play with her teddy, that she had made me sad by screaming. It seemed to work. She calmed down and didn't scream again - for almost an hour that is!

*L*

Hope you get sorted soon.

Sue

I used to get this from paris but it was "kiss my bum" - I just ignored her for about a week doing it - she got in my face sometimes but then she got the naughty corner

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back