37 week midwife

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Just got home from my 37 week midwife.

Wee, bp and Pip's hb all good :)

He has gone back to his back being on the left after his gymnastic session on Friday when he turned!

But the little bugger still has his head free! Took the mw about a minute to find his head cos it was floating about! Lol! She explained to me about cord prolapse should my waters break and what positions to go in should I feel the cord come out.

So, plenty of walking and bouncing for me to get his head engaged! next appt at 39 weeks should I not go in to labour first!

Anyone else got to 37 weeks and for baby not to be engaged?

That's great news. They don't tell us at my doc's whether or not baby is engaged so I haveno idea lol. I know she's low because her bum is about 4 inches below my ribs now and used to be all jammed up in my ribs all the time, but I don't know if that means she is engaged.

have a look on your notes hon, it should say...

i am 35 weeks and head is still free and my god do i know it....this baby could not get any higher...ha ha

xx

Glad all went well Carly, When I had midwife appt last Wednesday he was still free but today was 4/5ths but don't know if thats because someone else felt... Think its ok to still not be engaged as my friends baby engaged about 38/39weeks. xx

Glad all is well hon! Apparently engaging is not a great indicator of whether the LO is ready. Some women are engaged early but babies have to be induced and apparently quite a lot don't engage until labour so I wouldn't worry about it hon. I keep hoping I'll pop before my next MW appointment too LOL

Glad it went well today. Like the other ladies have said, engagement can happen during labour, so may not be an indication of when you'll go into labour... But there's no harm in getting on that ball for a spot of bouncing! :)

Some women are engaged early but babies have to be induced and apparently quite a lot don't engage until labour so I wouldn't worry about it hon.

I second that comment too, my friend who had her baby in November, her baby was engaged at 28weeks but had to be induced and baby didn't even want to make a move out, so ended up with an emergency section. xx

Well I'm bouncing and gonna be out walking about to encourage the little bugger to engage!!

Glad everything went well :)
At my app. 36+2 my Pip was not engaged yet.. will see if maybe he is on friday when I have my 38 week appointment! My mom's first baby (my sister) didn't engage until she was in labour and about to give birth, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything...
But I'm sure bouncing and walking won't hurt :p

i never get told wether mine is engaged or not but ive had ceph presentation since 28 week app. feels lower every couple of weeks due to increasing pressure on my cervix/pelvis but i cant tell really lol

Ill just say that i went from 4/5 the day before to having baby so dont pay much attention they will go down when they want and it can all happen fast! x

I hate to sat it full term lady (yay!) but my little Tyler never really engaged and I was queen of the bounce! (don't know if I believe in it now, having said that Tyler did not want to come out!)

My sons head didn't engage till just before i had him, they said it was sort of tilted in my pelvis and was back to back, lots of walking about when i was in labour managed to get him to turn and drop and everything went fine from there, although they did say to my mum that if he didn't turn i would have to have a c-section :/ which she didn't tell me till after i'd given birth!! x

Ah thats all great news hun

Im not engaged yet either but granted im a couple of weeks behind u but I have heard that sometimes they dont engage till the very last minute so hopefully he will be a good little boy and get in position in the next week or so xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back