First Scan Worries

MrsG

Reaction score
I am posting this in the hope that some of you tell me I am normal and not utterly mad or paranoid!.

I am finally 12 weeks tomorrow, and now I have finally got here I dont feel as relieved as I thought I would. I have been very lucky so far and have not had any complications or spotting etc so I havent had any scans or checks etc as yet. My first scan is booked for the 1st Sept, and I am really really worried that something is going to be wrong or there is going to be no baby at all. I cant even concentrate at work its all I think about, im counting the hours and days.

did any of you have these thoughts before you had your 1st scan???

I was exactly the same, thought that when i had my 12 week scan etc i would be great and stop worrying!! But still worrying when i went for my 20 week scan too!! :roll: Im not worrying anymore more because i can always feel my baby moving around so puts my mind at rest :D You are not mad or paranoid, its natural to worry for most of your pregnancy, just dont let the worrying take over the excitment :D

Good luck with your scan its an amazing sight

Take care
Natalie x

I thought exactyly the same - i thought i was just imajining that i was pregnant but there is nothing to worry about. just enjoy looking at your baby on the screen because it does not last long.

xx

I think all the ladies on here had exactly the same thoughts as you.

I just wanted to check that there was really something in there and that it was moving around ok. The DH and I got very nervous as it got closer and closer.

The baby was quiet when we first looked at the screen so the lady got me to cough and the baby just did somersaults! It was amazing.

Lovely to see.

:D

I am now 13 weeks and feeling just like you. Round here we only get one scan at 16-17 weeks. I have 3-4 weeks to wait till I know there is something in there!! I haven't even had a chance to hear the heartbeat yet as my midwife was called away at my last visit.

I am however attending a birth tonight (lady being induced this afternoon) so I am hoping to get hold of a doppler and have a listen myself whilst at the hospital!! Sneaky but gotta be done :wink:

This is why I love this site so much, its so nice to hear that you are all having or had similar thoughts and I am not potty.

Im still nervous, but do feel better now, thanks so much to you all.

Good luck Kerry, with finding a doppler. I must admit I have seriously considering hiring one to put my mind at rest, but didnt in case I became obsessed.

I think people would look at me funny if I used it at work!!! I know I wouldnt be able to resist bringing it with me.

I have my first scan on the 1st of sep too and im just as worried as you i think lol although by then ill be around 14 weeks as they messed up my appointment. but im sure we'll both be fine :)

I definitely worried all the time until I could feel baby moving, but the night before my scans I barely slept a wink for fear that they would say something like 'I'm sorry - I can't seem to find anything'...... Nobody warns you about the stress and worry during pregnancy, do they?!!

But if you've got to the 12 week mark without any problems, then I'm sure everything is fine.

Only another week to go - you'll be looking at your little baby on screen, and for a moment you'll wonder what on earth all the worry was for!!

Best wishes

LBxx

It truly is common to worry I think every women does, it's the natural mommy instinct kicking in!! Try not worry to much, I know easier said then done but if you have made it to 12 weeks then I'm sure you and yours will be just fine! :wink: Be sure to keep us posted!

xoxo Ree

Hi all

Well finally got there and went for my scan today. You were all totally right and I didnt have anything to worry about, there is definately a little baby in there. I feel so relieved and excited now.

Having your first scan is amazing and something I will never forget. Here are my two pictures.

Ourbaby.jpg

amazing when you see the little one for the 1st time isn't it? well there's definitely a baby in there i'd say!!! :D you must be over the moon!

WOW! What a big scans!! :D Glad everything went well for you now you can put your mind at ease a little bit! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back