• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how brave am i.....(UPDATE, IT WAS GREAT)

dionne said:
she even said to me the other day "hows HARVEY" :x

OMG!!! :shock: how rude!

my friends dont even really ask about Ellis at all, just keep saying when are you going to come out on the p*ss now your not pregnant??!! :x did they not wonder why i am not pregnant any more!!!.... I HAD A BABY!! :rotfl:

Fran - i think you should def go, dont be shy, everyone is in the same boat as you.

XXX

yeah that is so rude :talkhand: . i know exactly what you mean all my friends seem to think now i've "popped the baby out" i can just come out again and p*ss it up the way i used to! they dont get it!

i think i will go sod it, if its bad i'll just leave and not go again! its not like me to be shy i'm quite loud and outgoing but its all new to me so its calmed me down! hehe

So pleased you went to the group Dionne and that you all enjoyed it. :D

Thanks for the link too!

I'm glad you enjoyed your baby group Dionne. You've scared me with your previous experiences though. We're thinking of moving house, perhaps I should wait a bit longer.

I took our LO to our local Sure Start group for babies up to a year old. It's fantastic. All the Mums are really nice and there's a good mix of babies in terms of age.

They have another session for babies and toddlers as well as putting on all kinds of things such as pushchair walks, a toy library, singing sessions etc.

Today we started our baby massage classes, it was fab.

Makes me realise how fortunate we are. I've heard lots of horror stories about these groups, they can be clique or nobody talks!

It's nice to get out and meet other Mums though.

I went to my first every mother and baby group too - and Hassan loved it soooooo much - it was a daunting thought to begin with, to go in there not knowing anyone but it was fab. Hassan kept crawling after the older kids wanting to play with them but poor thing he could not keep up as they could walk and he only crawls. Look forward to going again next week.

I'm so pleased you liked it Dionne!!

Stuff like that does make a huge difference when you've got kids!

and the girl i met popped round earlier she has a 1 yr old boy, it was his bday today. shes cool im looking forward to next weds :oops: sad i no... i do have a life i swear :lol:

but going to the group and seeing little children Diors age has made me see how shy she is, they all sang songs and knew the actions dior didnt have a clue and she is very very timid some one picks her up she gets petrified. she just clings to me and i feel her shaking?? its quite upsetting to see :( she has such fear of men. she wont let them touch her or talk to her :?

but when i go back to work next yr i want her to be more confident for when she has to go nursery

So glad you plucked up the courage to go.

I have been taking Charlie to the postnatal group at our town library every Thursday afternoon 2-4pm since he was 2 weeks old. My DH went with us originally until he started a new job when Charlie was 5 weeks old and I must admit it was daunting going on my own but I just got on with it and am so glad I did. I have the occasional slight panic sometimes as to whether to go or not as sometimes I feel out of place (especially as most of the mothers breastfeed so their feeding conversations seem to take place and I cant comment...makes be feel guilty sometimes) but I see alot of the other mums at the clinic and when shopping so you dont realise how well you get on with them until they stop you in the supermarket for a chat.

Hi

Hun thats fantastic glad you found a good one taht you all can enjoy
Katrina

mdsremos said:
(especially as most of the mothers breastfeed so their feeding conversations seem to take place and I cant comment...makes be feel guilty sometimes) .

thats funny cos in my class everyone bottle feed apart from one, and she was embarressed to feed?!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back