HOW BIG SHOULD I BE?

ktelliott

Reaction score
I was wondering if at 9 weeks i should be putting on some weight? I have always had a bit of a tummy but it now feels firmer then before. I also went to put on my jeans and they were uncomfortable, my denim skirt wouldnt do up nor would some trousers!!

I know i,ve got too get used to the fact i will be getting bigger but i didnt think i would be needing to go and get some bigger clothes now after only a few weeks!

How big should i be? My mum keeps saying i must be having twins!!!!!

everyone is different hun, im 6 weeks and having a "bump" have a look in the tummy pics thread and ya will see we are all different, i was worried I was going to end up the size of a bus but I guess im just going to have to get used to it... my jeans are very uncomfortable now!!

It can very, there is no one size for everyone.

Your tummy may seem to get firmer and chances are the weight gain you are seeing is your body bloating a bit, not actual preggo bump as such yet. Baby is so far down in the pelvic area still and not very big at all. But things will start to feel tighter from now onwards.

I'd suggest wearing looser fitting clothes rather than trying to squish into jeans etc. I'd not go out and buy new stuff just yet, but thats me. I stuck to jogging bottoms for first tri as I got a bit bloated and so on. Bought maternity trousers once my bump really started to appear around 18 weeks.

im only 7.5 weeks but am feeling hugely bloated and dont feel comfortable in any of my fitted clothes anymore. Luckily sis had some great maternity trousers so am now living in those for work and tracky bums at the weekends. Sis and mum showed at 8 weeks, so i think im gonna be a fattie soon too!

I was in maternity jeans at 8 weeks. Everybody is different and if you need bigger clothes then get them, don't go around being uncomfortable. I would only buy what you need as you get bigger as you wil probably grow out of the first clothes.

I was also in maternity jeans at 8 weeks, or I could wear a size 16 - I was a size 12 before I fell pregnant!!

In the early weeks it is more down to bloating than baby, but its still uncomfortable, and you may need to start changing your wardrobe!

:shhh: Ive lost weight

but my body shape has changed. Ive still got my mummy belly from alice ( :oops: ) so i don't think i will show for AGES. I will fill that out first!

I was also in maternity trousers at 9 weeks, it doesnt mean you'll be massive i think i've pretty much evened out and now look about right for my dates. Be proud and show off that bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back