How big should I be by now??

fluffball

Reaction score
This is a downright stupid question :oops:, and I know that it will vary wildly from one person to the next. But I am getting very worried now and I'd welcome any comments on this.

Thing is, I'm supposed to be 12 weeks now, and having my first scan on the 6th of June. Although I don't really feel comfortable with those dates. According to my own calculations, it could be as much as 3 weeks less than that.

Anyway, I have hardly had any syntomps at all throughout. My boobs are beginning not to hurt anymore (which I've read here is normal). But what's really beginning to worry me is that I don't really seem to have a bump.

I thought I started to look a bit rounder around the waist (IYKWIM) after 4 weeks, but I don't think my size has changed since then. Also, it used to feel "hard" around the tummy but it hasn't for the last week or so.

I am a biggish girl and haven't had a flat stomach in my whole life, so it's a bit difficult to tell anyway.
Also, I may have lost a tiny bit of weight due to a lot of walking during a short holiday last week.
Could this be all? Or do you think I have reason to worry?

Should I be showing by now? :think:
Have your bumps changed from feeling "tight" or "hard" to normal in your 1st trimester?

Thanks!

My "bump" does not exist at all. I have put weight on and I would say that I'm a little swollen/more firm low down but nothing you would recognise as baby.

I remember being like this first time too. It really is nothing to worry about, although like you I can't help but feel a bit worried. Everyone is different but what happened with me last time was that you couldn't tell until one day (I think about 15/16 weeks) I suddenly had what you could call a bump. It was still small but it was there!

Try not to worry, but as a guide from 12 weeks the uterus starts to be too big to stay in the pelvis so starts to rise up which is when you can start to show.

I am also a well rounded girl and i dont think you can see that im pregnant thru my wobbly tummy.

Only time i really notice bump is when im lyng in bed and i can feel it, it feels hard and rounded.

Thank you for your replies, Becky and Chickadee!
You make me feel a bit better.

I can't stop obsessing, and I'm constantly looking at myself in the mirror. Wearing my gym leggings which is the tightest think I can find! :lol:

I've had to stop myself going to the chemist to get yet another pregnancy test. I'll be good and try to stop worrying until the 6th.

Thanks again! :wave:

i wouldnt worry if your not showing much hun, i only just started showing at about 23 weeks, and even then i could have just been mistaken as having a bit of a stomach.
Now i really show and look pregnant! get ready for rendom people to start asking you when your due all the time!

I am 8 weeks, and look slimmer than I have looked in months :rotfl: maybe this is bad actually?

Thanks girls!

Christina, that's exactly how I've felt for the past week.
As soon as I got pregnant I felt heavy and bloated all the time. And suddenly it's all gone and feel "lighter" than ever before!

I don't know what I'm talking about, as never been pg before, but after reading around, I'm beginning to suspect it's all normal. It could be down to the early symptoms settling down, or to us getting used to them perhaps?

Mind you, after reading yesterday's replies, last night I decided that I felt quite fat after all. And quite pleased with myself I was too!

I don't think I've ever been happy to feel fat before! :rotfl:

Hi

I might be a bit late in replying. With my first pregnancy I don't think I started showing till around 20 weeks, that's how long I managed to keep it quiet for, but this time round I'm showing already, prob a bit of the baby weight that I didn't manage to loose after my daughter was born, but there is def a bit of a bunp there, it's difficult to hide when your still trying to keep it quiet at work!!!! :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back