House Move.

Yvonne

Reaction score
Well we found out a couple of weeks ago that we have been offered a house from the housing association!! Yay :D (we are living with my parents at the mo after moving out of a privately rented property)

But the house was left in a dyer state by the previous tennents apparently so there is stuff that needs doing before we get to move in.
We are getting a new kitchen, new bathroom, and new double glazing windows- it's in a lovely area and it 5 mins from our families :D

The only problem is they have given us the middle of January to the beginning of Feb as moving in dates. I am due the 15th Jan so it may be a bit awkward- plus it's only 2 bedrooms so if this baby is a boy what colour do i paint the nursery/Amy's bedroom.

I did want it all done before i moved in for Hygene purposes but until i have the baby i don't know what to do!!! :? :?

Hiya,
I wouldnt worry too much about decorating. I always go with the thought that as long as its clean the decor isnt too important. For now anyway.
Try to rest at this stage and let others do the hard work.

Laura.

oh i intent to, i was just going to pick the colour, it's just if it's another girl then i want pink and sparkly, but if it's a boy i will have to do yellow and winnie the pooh.

It's so awkward :?

mint green might look nice for a girl and boy.

I was stressing about decorating - maybe i should think like yous are - as long as it's clean i don't need to worry too much about having everything done :?

I am just paranoid about moving into the house with a new baby and a toddler, especially when i don't know who has lived in it previously!!

I wanted the front room decorated and carpeted and the kids room, not bothered about the rest as long as it's clean- my OH and dad are going to be doing it.

Amy like winnie the pooh so i thought that would be ok for a boy, but i don't want to decorate it a neutral colour and paint it again pink if it's a girl.

I am just fussy!!!

do it winnie the pooh then if amy likes it! it's unisex and babies love it :) you can get some lovely stuff.

work bought me a winnie the pooh gro-bag. it's white and the winnie the pooh has pale stitching on it so it's nice and neutral. you could go for classic winnie the pooh if you wanted it to look more neutral and relaxing.

Hello

We did a whinnie the poh theme as well, but we didnt do classic.
We did the walls two shades of purple since were having a girl. so you can always get whinni ethe pooh stuff and paint hwen the babys born???
Well hope it all works out.
Katrina

Hello Hun,

What a complex time of moving and with baby due too!

We have a large two bedroomed house which has two double bedrooms both of which are big. My stepson lives with us 4 days a week and so uses the bedroom and the baby will too who we are told is a little girl. We redecorated the bedroom a few weeks ago and let stepson choose the colours but banning stereotypical boy or girl colours. (He originally chose shocking pink and lime green, um no!) He went for lemon and green which looks fab, its neither a babyish colour or a grown up colour and should suit them both well, and it doesnt matter if they got the sex of this little wriggler wrong!

I will try and post a piccie of the half decorated room if you like so you can see.

Love Kelly.

Hi Kelly

That would be great thanks!
It is an awkward time but at least i am starting the new year with a new house and a new member to the family!! that's the way i keep looking at it.
I'd cry otherwise!

:D :D :D :D

See if these pics work..... :D

xmas2005017.jpg

xmas2005016.jpg

xmas2005015.jpg

Sorry about the mess its under construction at the mo and all the baby stuff is just chucked in the new cot! All the toys will be tidied but at the mo it is predominantly stepsons room and he has loads of lego, found him playing under the cot the other day! The first piccie is the pics i made for the wall as mamas and papas dont do sunshine safari wall pics, i am also making a clock at the moment so will show you that later. They are 3D and i'm chuffed with them. I also painted the giraffe canvas you can see on top of the wardrobe but it hasn't been hung yet! We're getting there but after a couple of scares i think she'll come early so want to be ready by 32 weeks. I have no idea why the pics are diff sizes, sorry!

dont worry about the decor Amy just get it all clean for your move. worry about the decorating later.

we did a council swap to eastbourne. our flat in London was decorated lovely, and we swapped into a house that had urine soaked carpets and pooh all up the toilet and bathroom walls. the kitchen was covered in black mould, and we had a fight to get a new kitchen and bathroom and central heating installed. but i must say the house is coming together now. we have just got to plaster our bedroom and the hall and stairs and thats it finished apart from flooring.

so my advise would be just get it clean and move in and worry about the decorating later. congratulations anyway. it is so hard to get a place nowadays.

x

I work for a housing association and they have to have the house in a relativley clean and safe state before you move in so it should be fine and hopefully you wont have too much cleaning to do when you get there.

what housing association is it? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back