hospital rant!

GBLiz

Reaction score
my OH has been waiting for a few weeks for his appointment at the gastro unit, he went today leaving about 45 mins early so he could park up and get a quick snooze in the car :wink: ...then i got a call from him just now saying he's been driving round the car parks for over HALF AN HOUR looking for a space! i called up reception to ask their advice on alternative parking and they said 'oh you cant park anywhere else its residential permits only' :evil: i said he's been waiting weeks for this appointment and now he could miss it cos he cant park' she said 'oh yeah that happens quite often' :wall:

then i asked what happens if he parks in a non-designated space- she said a £40 fine. i said THANKS WE'LL RISK THE FINE :evil: :evil: :evil:

Craziness! I am fuming on his behalf!!

his health worth more than £40 though :hug:

Ridiculuos when Oh came to pick me up from the hospi with flo he had to bring his car round to the door so that the midwife lady could like see us off and he got heckled for being there !

When I went to our hospital for Ivys scans I were crying lol! We were driving round in circles for a hour looking for parking and I thought I had missed my appointment. OH doesn't drive so I had to keep driving round and couldn't leave the car when I got in there was a waiting room full of people needing scans because it had backlogged because of no parking. Its silly :hug: :hug: :hug:

nickilubs said:
When I went to our hospital for Ivys scans I were crying lol! We were driving round in circles for a hour looking for parking and I thought I had missed my appointment. OH doesn't drive so I had to keep driving round and couldn't leave the car when I got in there was a waiting room full of people needing scans because it had backlogged because of no parking. Its silly :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nicki you didnt come up to Derriford Hospital did you? The parking here is terrible too, and even if you do manage to find a space it is near on impossible to then get out of the car as the spaces are so tiny.

BabySols said:
nickilubs said:

Nicki you didnt come up to Derriford Hospital did you? The parking here is terrible too, and even if you do manage to find a space it is near on impossible to then get out of the car as the spaces are so tiny.

:D Yeh thats the one. I found a space and the only reason I got it was because nobody else would even try and reverse into it! It was tiny!!! I wasn't even sure if it was a actually space I were so annoyed I just went for it!!! Thank goodness I can reverse park lol!

update: he didnt get a fine...phew!!!!!!

still outraged though! Imagine if he's been an old person who couldnt walk a long way, or someone on benefits who literally couldnt have risked losing £40 :shakehead: :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back