Hospital Appointment Update

Loulabelle

Reaction score
Well we arrived to be told we were there for induction. We said that's not what we were told, we thought it was just to discuss it, check baby over and get a date but they said nope it's today and put us on the ward.

After sitting/laying there for 30 mins a midwife came to say they'd made a mistake and we weren't being induced after all! They checked baby and said heartbeat was great as were all my obs. Then she did an internal but said I look so well that she wasn't expecting me to be anywhere near ready.

She got a bit excited as she discovered I'm 2cm (I already knew this from past appointments) and found out I'm 100% effaced. So, I don't need any pessary's or gels and my induction will be them breaking my waters and maybe the drip if needed. She said this would be at 40+12 (Mon) and went off to speak to labour ward to book me in. When she came back she said they're choca on Mon and Tues so was it ok to come in tomorrow at 8:30am.

Yeehaw my looooong wait is almost over. Feels great to finally have a deadline, and glad I don't need the pessary's too!

Thanks to everyone who wished me well, I'm made up! x :dance::dance::dance:

Ah, this is the best news! Take the good of this evening, hope you get a good nights sleep with all of the excitement! xx

Fantastic news!!! oooh that'll be another labour watch!!! x

That's brilliant news! Depending on how long it takes you might have an Easter baby xx

Fab news. Good luck for tomorrow. xx

That's great, especially that you don't need the pessaries etc, with any luck it'll be nice and quick since you don't need to wait through that bit. Get a good night kip tonight and good luck for the morning!

omg so excited for you, all the best for tomorrow, hopefully it will be quick and you don't have to wait much longer to meet your little one :)

Great news hun! Won't be long until your holding your little one now :) good luck x

thats great news I said your baby was waiting for easter day, woopee you'll have your little one very soon, make the most of tonight without baby.

Yay - you must be SO happy!

All the best for tomorrow hun xxxxx

Just realised I hadn't replied on this actual thread! Good luck for tomorrow hun, can't wait to hear how you're getting on!

Good luck for your induction. If baby takes there time coming out they might share my birthday on Monday :)

I hope your not in labour that long though xx

ahw brilliant news... and great not to have the pessarys either.. ahving your waters broken is i guess the most "natural" form of induction and really gives you a chance to get into labour yourself.. Good luck and hope it all goes really well for you x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back