Horrible swelling ?

Pansy

Reaction score
Hi ladies...Just wondering about swelling...Yesterday my legs,ankles and feet swelled up tremendously...I thought it was just because I was at work and on my feet all day in the heat...I came home and propped them up...No relief...Laid down on my left side...No relief...When I woke up this morning the swelling was still there despite all my rest...I couldn't get my shoes on so I called off work...I propped them...Rested on my left side...Soaked them...And STILL no relief...Should I be concerned that nothing is bringing the swelling down?
I thought 22 weeks was a bit early for so much swelling...
Pansy

I would get the swelling checked out because of the risk of pre eclampsia (though not sure when you can get this).

From your previous posts you work in quite a hot environment don't you? Maybe it's your body telling you to slow down?

Just thought I would update...Rosieroo yea I work in a very hot factory...My Mom goes to the same Gyn/OB that I go to...She had an appointment Monday...So of course she told them I was having horrible swelling!...Next thing I know the nurse is calling me and telling me not to go to work and they will see me Thursday (tomorrow)...So I have been off work since Saturday...It took me until Monday to get the swelling down ( they were swollen for 3 days! )...My feet are still swelling at night but not as bad as they were...And my left foot seems to be swelling more than my right!...Don't know how normal/abnormal that is...I too was worried about preeclampsia...So my Mom got me a portable wrist blood pressure monitor...So I have been regularly checking my blood pressure...I feel much more at ease knowing my blood pressure hasn't skyrocketed!...It has gone up a tiny bit...But it is still very normal...I was reading 110 over 60 and now I am reading 126 over 80...My OH is very worried now and wants me off work for good...But we will see what the OB says tomorrow...
Pansy

Hiya Pansy

Im sure that the combination of working in the Hot factory and the recent Hot weather hasnt helped. Because im a large lady I have to be careful that my ankles dont swell..and at every available moment when im sittin down I always put my feet up above the level of my thighs. If I sit on the computer at night especially for more than half an hour...they swell dreadful.

Another thing that helps immensely..is to raise the bottom of your Bed. So at night all the fluid can drain from your ankles. This really does help.

If your blood pressure is fine...then thats good because thats the main sign of pre-eclampsia (i had full blown eclamptic fits with first pregnancy) If you left leg which you say is bigger...(funny that cos so is mine) and hurts in any way...you must get checked out as us pregnant women have a higher chance of DVT.

Glad you are seeing the Midwife, as they know what they are doing, we can only offer advice on what we know in our own experiences.

All the Best
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm glad your OH is being supportive of you and wants to you give up work, as if your OB says for you to at least you have the support of your family. It does seem like the right thing to do, the last thing I am sure you want with a little one already is to end up really poorly for the final stages of your pg.

Good luck with your OB and take care :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back