Hope this is not to much of a silly question.......

5Element

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I hope this is not to much of a silly question and will try to keep it as short as possible but I had my d&c nearly 2 weeks ago now and ever since then I have been getting very very short stabbing pains on the right side down there. Nothing big - not even enough to take a pain killer and it never lasts long (a second or two) but it happens quite abit throughout the day (and night if I am awake). Is this normal? I have officially stopped bleeding since yesterday but the pain is still there and thought I would ask the wise ladies on here if they had anything like this too?

Thanks so much for your advice!! :)

Hi, I had the odd stabbing pain up to about 2 weeks after, seemed to stop around the same time as the bleeding. Doesn't sound to worrying if it's not causing you to need pain killers. See how this next week goes. Our bodies can be so confusing... xx

Hey, I had no pain at all until Tuesday evening which would have been a week and a half after my D&C. It was like a stabbing/stitch like pain in the middle of my groin. Very bizarre and I took a painkiller when I got home from work and I haven't felt it since. I've actually heard that ovulation can be more painful after a miscarriage and wondered if it was maybe from that. I've felt it before and it would only last a few seconds but I've never noted if it was around ovulation time. This time it lasted for longer though and was very uncomfortable :(

Thanks everyone! It seems to be better today, I guess it was hanging together with the bleeding but it is good to know!

Take care everyone! XXXXX

Hey duck, I've been having a stabbing pain too, on left, was wondering whether it was my ovaries trying to ovulate. I did have stabbing pains on the left just before I miscarried though too. God knows what it is :eh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back