Honouring someone

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by honor, Jun 18, 2016.

1. honor

honor New Member

I want to honor someone who passed away their name was Nancy. What could Nancy be a nickname for apart from anne because I want her to have a longer name and I would just use Nancy as the nickname when it's just us. If I can't find anything I would just the use it as a middle name but would prefer to give her a longer name and use Nancy as the nickname does any one have any ideas

2. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

Nancy is traditionally the nick name/informal version for Anne or Annis, so I guess you could have something like Annabel /Annette/Anastasia/Anita or similar if you wanted a longer name?

#2 snowbee, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  3. honor

honor New Member

I would use Nancy but in my area using names like Nancy or Elizabeth you get made fun of that's why I would only use it as a nickname when it's just us and thanks for the suggestions is there any that would have sort of the same sound so it does sound like the nickname if possible

4. madsticks

madsticks Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Annabel or Anais.

Out of interest why would someone be made fun of for being called Elizabeth ?

5. honor

honor New Member

I don't know where I come from everyone seems to hate names like Elizabeth anne Nancy Beatrice Gladys Joyce names like that and people make fun of them I know an Elizabeth and she goes by her middle name because she is embarrassed by it so that's why I was worried about just using the name Nancy and just decided it would be best as a nickname