Honouring someone

honor

Reaction score
I want to honor someone who passed away their name was Nancy. What could Nancy be a nickname for apart from anne because I want her to have a longer name and I would just use Nancy as the nickname when it's just us. If I can't find anything I would just the use it as a middle name but would prefer to give her a longer name and use Nancy as the nickname does any one have any ideas

Nancy is traditionally the nick name/informal version for Anne or Annis, so I guess you could have something like Annabel /Annette/Anastasia/Anita or similar if you wanted a longer name?

Last edited:
I would use Nancy but in my area using names like Nancy or Elizabeth you get made fun of that's why I would only use it as a nickname when it's just us and thanks for the suggestions is there any that would have sort of the same sound so it does sound like the nickname if possible

I was going to suggest Annabel or Anais.

Out of interest why would someone be made fun of for being called Elizabeth ?

I don't know where I come from everyone seems to hate names like Elizabeth anne Nancy Beatrice Gladys Joyce names like that and people make fun of them I know an Elizabeth and she goes by her middle name because she is embarrassed by it so that's why I was worried about just using the name Nancy and just decided it would be best as a nickname

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back