Honey under 1yr

evie_smith

Reaction score
I went to the doctors yesterday and asked about chloé's cough any way she said just give her honey in her milk or water 50/50 so I asked her ad Said I thought she wasn't allowed honey till 1yr and she said that is old
School now or in babies that were pre term but once baby is on solids can have honey now - much to chloé amusement as she loves it lol honey and wheat-a-bix for her tomorrow me thinks - just thought I would let all you girls know xx

That's very interesting!
Honey is a natural antiseptic too. Hope your LO gets better soon xxx

Last edited:
Thanks :) I I've been advised and it's been the sane for ages no honey under one but she even double checked her books and checked with the hv, anther doctor and a nurse for me lol! (yes I had a bit of a ziller moment) haha!

ohhh i honestly thought it was a definate no-no!!!? hope chloe is feeling better soon!!

Ahha! I heard about this n told a mum at my group, and was scoffed at Lol

This is interesting to know, thanks Evie! My dad swears by honey as a cure to nearly everything so no doubt he will try and give Lizzie some as soon as he can...so at least I won't worry quite as much lol :)

I think it's cos the risk of botulism is like zero now, it's been extinct for like 50 odd years! There's a type of honey that's meant to be really good for allergies and stuff I think it is! Can't remember for the life of me what it is, but if agentM sees this, it was her that told me!

If you eat honey that is sourced locally to you then it can help your hayfever and it gets your body used to the local pollen. :) Just a bit of knowledge thrown in there lol.

Ive been dying to give Paige honey as I think she'll love it with her brekky but Ive been holding off. Honey for Paige I feel this week!

i knew someone who contacted botulism through a baking potato he put it in the oven to cook in tin foil and didnt wash it and he got the botulism through the soil being cooked but its very rare and even hospital didnt know what it was his sister found the symptoms on the internet!

gosh that sounds awful abou tthe botulism and potato. I dont even know how botulism affects someone but it hasa horrific sounding name iykwim!

I Love honey but thin kwill wait a while anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back