Homemade food

Eveadel

Reaction score
Just got a couple of questions so I need your help girlies.

Can you freeze Apricots?

Going to start introducing meat to Isabellas diet, do I cook it and then mash it with her veg or cook it and freeze it separately to her veg?

Do you make your own vegetable stock? If not what do you use??

Thanks in advance

Hiya

I would think you can freeze them, but if you could I would rather do them from fresh when possible for the extra vitamins.

You can do the meat either way, mixed in or seperate puree to add whenever you like.

I never made my own stock, I haven't even used stock! When I used to do ice-cube trays and pots of puree I'd either use breastmilk/formula or some of the water I used to boil them.

Thanks Urchin, I know its best to use straight away but I know I will ending up throwing loads away as I find fruit goes off so quick now.

I do all my cooking and freezing on the day i get my shopping. Spent ALL day yesterday cooking and mashing and freezing!! :rotfl:

I'm the same as urchin and just use the water that I have boiled the veg/fruit in.

S. xx

I introduced chicken to Mia last week...it was a recipie out of the Annabel Karmel-Chicken with sweet pototoe and apple, but i did'nt use stock in it instead i added some water left over from cooking the veg...i gave her a fresh portion and then froze it-it was really yummy and Mia loved it too! Yu can frezze apricots too.

Amy xx

Eveadel said:
Do you make your own vegetable stock? If not what do you use??

Thanks in advance

oh bugger i just started a new topic about this!!! hehe

r u excited for the 6 month mark on sat too!!!!!! YEY!! xxxxx

Yeah I cant believe they are going to be 6 months do you think its flown by???

Thanks girls for your replies.

This may sound silly but how do you cook your chicken, steam, oven, etc. Do you have to allow it to get cool in the fridge before you freeze it???

my mum steamed a chicken breast yesterday and said it was lovely so i will do that xxxxx

I've steamed plain chicken, and i've also cooked the chicken in a pan with a little un-salted butter and with some onions...which Mia loved!

Going to try some Fish tomorrow!

Amy xx

Pricklefairy, did you feed it fresh to her or freeze some chicken down.

Im not quite sure whether to freeze the chicken separately to veg??

I've frozen apricots before, but they didn't freeze solid, just went hard and kind of a chewy consistency.

I make Maddie's herb stock out of the following: -

1 onion
1 carrot
couple of twigs of rosemary
15 sprigs of thyme
2 bay leaves
few sage leaves
Boil in some water - say 2 pints for around half an hour. Smells loooooovely.

Depending on what we're making we may vary the herbs slightly, but the above works really well with most dishes and makes a lovely base for risotto.

Regarding meat, I've only ever cooked it with other things - e.g. chicken casserole - so when I've frozen it, it's already had veg with it.

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back