Holidays

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
It is my Dad's 60th next year and my Mum is talking about a special ski holiday to Canada to celebrate and we are thinking of joining them.

Ellie would be 17 months old at that point. Still an infant and expected to travel on our laps. How practical is that for such a long flight? If we do book an extra seat on the flight, would she need a car seat fitted to it? I seem to remember seeing something to that effect at one point.

Once we get there, I am also concerned about meals. My Mum is looking at a Catered Chalet. These has meals at fixed times, which are almost certainly after Ellie's bed time. I have stayed in Catered chalets with people who have had young kids - and they will normally do an early meal for the kids (but not the adults). However given the recent case with Maddison going missing how do we both get to eat without leaving her in the room? What do other people do? We would still be in the same building as her but I am very nervous about leaving her on her own in the room while we have a meal but they are not like hotels where we could go and eat seperately (not especially nice anyway) the meal is served up to everybody in one go.

Thanks all.

I can't believe nobody has been on holiday with a toddler? This year we hired a cottage, so that we didn't have this issue, but would love some ideas / advice.

Thanks

sorry cant help, but it annoys me to see no reply.

I am going on a coach holiday in 3 weeks and i wanted ellis to have his own seat for safety and i am taking car seat but really not sure about planes.

PM nicky she is always on holidays with jamie although he is a bit younger still xxxxx

sorry hun not really sure for the flight od prob say take a car seat im taking b who will be 22 months to spain in july and he is on my dads lap and im worried bout a 2 hr flitr

Thanks for replying to me. Really appreciate it :hug: .

I was starting to think I was the only one who still wanted to go on holiday after having a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back