Holiday insurance?

babybo

Reaction score
We are due to go on holiday in 9 weeks. I'll be approx 14-15 wedks when we go.
Has anyone had any dealings with holiday insurance to cover all options. I don't want to say the obvious as I dont want to jinx it.
We are going on a safari and then to Dubai. So need multiple trip insurance? X

First Choice sorted mine out for me, i told them i would be pregnant when im on holiday and they gave me the insurance that covered me, cost me £21.99 x

We're with direct travel and they confirmed that I would be completely covered up to 26 weeks without any additional cost. That's with an annual policy though, not sure if it would be any different for single trip.

Oh I am away on holiday a week on Friday so must check this out - thanks for the reminder :)

Asda travel insurance covers you while pregnant, im 22 weeks and have just come back from Crete. Have fun ladies :D x x

Thanx Hun! I just wish I could sit in the sun all day like usual! Would love a bit of colour!! X

Oh, I didn't think I needed to inform them...... Just got cover with virgin for France but the medical questions didn't mention pregnancy so I just assumed it wasnt a problem!

Oh, I didn't think I needed to inform them...... Just got cover with virgin for France but the medical questions didn't mention pregnancy so I just assumed it wasnt a problem!

Most insurances do cover but i would give them a quick call or look at FAO's on the net to double check what you are covered for during pregnancy x x

Most insurances do cover but i would give them a quick call or look at FAO's on the net to double check what you are covered for during pregnancy x x

Think I'll give them a quick call tomorrow and make sure I'm covered, last thing I want is something happening and I've no cover!

Hi I am actually a claims handler for one of the biggest travel insurers.

They cannot penalise you for being pregnant and as long as your flying with an airline that says you can fly at so many weeks pregnant then you will be fine.

Just make sure you read the Health Declaration in your policy to make sure you don't need to declare any pre-existing conditions.

Also I do believe that you get what you pay for - e.g. A little bit extra will buy you good medical assistance whilst you are abroad if something goes wrong. Some companies are terrible.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Hi Babybo, I called my insurance as I was going to be in Malaysia and they told me that uncomplicated pregnancy is not considered a medical condition so you don't have to inform them and if you do its not a problem. check the small print but you should find it somewhere there! BTW if you mosquito repellent I found a brilliant natural product called Incognito which has been superb out here, better than the 50% DEET my partner is using!!! Amazon sell it quite cheap! I don't normally get bitten but without it I was definitely targeted, so do get something to cover yourself in! This doesn't smell as bad as DEET either. ALso an after sun with it in :)
Have a fab hols, xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back