Hobbies taking over!

rambert

Reaction score
For the last 3 years or so my 8 year old daughter has gradually taken up more and more dance lessons. It's gotten to the point where we have between 2 and 4 on a saturaday free and then after 8, sunday from 5 and weekdays after 8 free. It's past the point of ridiculous now but I feel that I can't make her stop doing something that she loves when I said that she could in the first place. I'm due to give birth any day now and feel like just doing this :sleep: . Surely doing this much can't be good for her either! She's now having to eat there after school because there isn't enough time to go home.

I used to dance when I was younger, did the same lessons and competed - just as she does - so it's as if I can't take it away when I got to do it.

Does anyone have any advise on how to time manage better? I never seem to see her anymore...

Is each and every lesson THAT vital? It does sound a bit much, especially when the baby arrives you'll be even busier!
She'll also never see the baby which is a shame.

Are you sure she wants to be doing this much? she obviously has no time for friends either which is a shame for a gilr her age. Is she getting pressure from her tutor or anything to do this much?
Have you ever talked to her about cutting down?

It can't be health doing that much surely.
I'd cut it down to a couple of hours a day - that would be more than enough.
does she do any during the week?

I spoke to her yester day and we've agreed that she'll stop latin, street, her musical theatre class and lyrical. This will give us an extra nine hours free each week, we might tackle more of them if need be.

Urchin her friends are all mainly at the studio (I have a feeling that that's one of the things she likes about going there) so while she's dancing she is with them and you're right about spending time with the baby.

She might also stop the limbering class depending on how things go.

Thanks for your responces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back