• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hmm, so back from 20 week scan...

Bexybun

Reaction score
Baby is growing well, all fine and dandy. We were in there for a good 45mins because we had a trainee and a normal sonographer stabbing the hell out of my bump (do they not realise that bloody hurts, lol?!), but mainly took ages because baby was lying upside down, arms and knees tucked right in to it's tummy and head down- it looked like he/she was praying, lol. Turned over briefly at the end, just long enough for them to check all internal bits and bobs, then smacked his/her self in the face with it's fist! Clumsy like Mummy :roll: Unfortunately we didn't get fantastic pics due to the odd angle, but I'll get OH to upload them later anyway. He reckons the sonographer gave the sex away by saying 'him', but I don't think baby let us see down there, and most people use him or her instead of it anyway, don't they?

It was a lovely experience, but I've come away feeling really odd. I dunno why but since we left the hosp me and OH keep sniping at each other for no reason, and I feel really blah. Not particularly sad or angry, just numb. It may be because I had a row with my parents and sister yesterday so still feeling odd from that, I just... I've been really looking forward to this, so why am I not happier? I'm thinking maybe it's a sense of anti-climax, knowing that there are no more scans now. I dunno :eh:

Anyway, I've a healthy, happy, very wriggly baby, so that is the main thing- at the end of it all I'm still very thankful for that. :)

Glad everything was ok, sounds like it was in a cute position though! They always say 'he' so don't worry! I guess the hormones affect us in funny ways, maybe your a little disappointed as baby wasn't in best position for good images and you were sore from all the prodding about, sure you will feel better when it sinks in that baby was healthy and you've seen it, which is the main thing x

Glad baby is doing good!
But sorry ur feeling a bit down. X x

Maybe it is just the thought that you won't see baby for a while now. It's nice when you have something to look forward to. Good news that all is fine with baby :yay: x

Glad all went well and that the baby is healthy, I had a trainee too and was in there for over an hour and was stupid enough to overfill my bladder :wall2: thought I was gonna wet my knickers with all the pressing they did :oooo:

Maybe it is just the thought that you won't see baby for a while now. It's nice when you have something to look forward to. Good news that all is fine with baby :yay: x
I agree with that.. and use the fact you dont know the sex to push towards..
Sorry ur feeling so down babe its not nice when ur pregnant on top of all the rows etc :(

Im sure youll feel better tomorrow.. or even after ur yummy roast dinner.. still jealous!!!

i felt like that yesterday.. numb.. nothing mattered to me was just stressed and snappy at my OH and pissed off in general :(

Have a lovely meal and a delicious dessert, a relaxing bath and a cuddle with ur OH in ur jammies :) xx

Hey Bex, nice to hear your scan went well, hope you are ok x

Last edited:
they we're saying he at my 11 week scan and they can't tell then )

Glad all is well with Lo !! we all go through the dump snapping phase had mine a copuple of weeks ago !!!! sure u will feel better soon try and pamper yourself a bit u deserve it !!! congrats on team yellow !! I'm with u too !! but I always call bump he !! xxx

Thankyou so much everyone for your support. I feel a bit better now, I think it was just the anti-climatic feeling. On the plus side, baby is so active all day, every day at the moment which is lovely, and very reassuring. I'm sure I'll perk up soon x

i go for my 20 week on Monday and am so excited x we cant wait to find out what the sex is. glad your lo is looking good x long wait till you see 'him' again but well worth it, my lo is a right wriggler too x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back