Highchairs...

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
What have you got!?

What did you look for in a highchair?!

I was figuring, something easy to wipe clean, comfortable, reclining, hight ajustable, folds pretty small for storage.

Anything else that I should look for in a 'good' highchair?!

We've got the silver cross sovereign. It matches all of your requirements apart from the 'small' I would say. But I'd rather Phoebe be comfortable, most of the padded ones seem reasonabley big folded.

I'd def say look at some in the flesh, and also try putting them up and down. I didn't really think about that part until my OH tried to put down and then up again the Chicco polly - not sure if it was just him that couldn't do it, but we almost wrecked the display in Mothercare lol!!

Other thing is cost really - the silver cross one is £99 but we got 20% off from Mothercare a while back.

Other things to consider I guess are do you want to be able to use it at the table as well? There are also some that don't have a tray that you use at the table permanently.
:hug:

midna said:
seed loves her highchair it doubles up as a baby walker :rotfl:

DSCN0037.jpg

how lovely is she?!?! You ought to sell it to Chicco as advertising for their walker :rotfl:

Thinking of which, I have some pics of Phoebe in hers if you want to see. She's still diddy but loves being around me and sitting up, not used it for feeding yet - that'll be a way off.

LOL, the Silvercross Soverign is the one I am looking at getting.

Do you like it then!? IS it worth the money?

I like it, it looks comfy :D Phoebe is fine in it even though she is diddy. I like the fact it has 2 trays, so you can remove the top one when they've fed and still put toys and a drink on there. If you want to remove them both, it still has a tiny 'safety' tray.

It goes low enough for me to feed her on the sofa should I need to (our flat is tiny, so our dining table currently has OH's PC on it), but high enough so she can be a nosey moo when I'm hanging the washing up etc.

It's easy to fold, I keep forgetting how to raise it up and down lol, its not hard! Its just cos I'm not using it every day.

Whether its worth the money - well its one of those things that I feel are probably over priced, just because they can be :roll: but I'm glad we chose it.

Hope that answers your questions a bit? I'll try and upload you a pic later when Toby finishes sorting them all out.

Oh yes, thank you Lara!! Great info! :)

Midna, Seed is sucha cuttie!!! I like the idea, I thought about using his swing (not swinging tho) for a few months, then I figured, I am going to cave and buy a highchair - because thats what im like. So I might as well get the use out of it.

OH dont know how much these things cost, so, if I tell him its £100 he wont know if thats alot or not!! :fib: Sneaky Mummy!!

midna said:
seed loves her highchair it doubles up as a baby walker :rotfl:

DSCN0037.jpg
Thats a lovely picture.. :shock:

Tia used to get fed in her walker all the time.. This time we got given a high chair ...looks a lot like this Its an absolute pain in the ar*e to clean... I mean who the heck comes up with the idea to BOLT the straps to the chair in a high chair.... It takes ages to clean the straps and they are still rank, even with a ton of bleach, tooth brush and hours of scrbbing.... It may look nice...but my gods... go for something you can easily clean... we went to IKEA yesterday and got to try their highchairs out..and besides the fact it didn't have a tray and we already have one that does... I would have grabbed it... Its stupidly simple to clean and the straps come off.. Mr. Ikea knows babies... :rotfl:

I wanted a highchair that was easy to clean, allowed baby to sit at the table, looked nice (not a fan of plastic everywhere) and was value for money. We got the Stoke Tripp Trapp for Seren and it ticked all the boxes. It is made from wood so looks fab, and the covers come off easily so cleaning it was a doddle (there are no small spaces or ooks for food to get trapped in). It does't have a tray so fits in lovely at the table, so Seren could feel she was part of the family meal (the size of my kitchen would have meant a tray seat would have had to bave been away fromthe table). And it has been amazing value for money as we have converted it into a toddler chair and Sere uses it everyday. We weregoing to use the sameone for Cally but seeing as Seren gets so much use we are going to buy another one (though it will be cheaper as we already have the harnesses so just need chair and cushions)

We spent ages choosing a high chair. I wanted the tripp trapp for reasons of promoting good posture and being close to the table, however Jenna never seemed comfortable sitting in them when we tried them (on several different occassions). We ended up going for the Chicco Polly double-phase. I never use the recline feature (dont see the point in it tbh). It is advertised as being able to sit up at the table and I was dubious about this, but actually it works very well at the table and we do not need to use the tray. Jenna is comfortable in the chair which is very important. It also has a height-adjustable foot rest. I am not a fan of big plasticy high chairs, and it was not my first choice of chair but it was the one which Jenna was happier in. It can be used as a toddler chair (some of the padding comes out) but we plan to buy a tripp trapp when Jenna is about 2 so she can use that instead. We ordered our chicco polly from Italy as I couldn't find a design I liked over here. Worked out the same price including the p&p.

Go and try lots out before you decide which to buy. I have to say I dont' find the highchair difficult to clean - as long as you give it a wipe down after each use it stays clean. The straps have got some food stains on them but nothing major and they are removable and machine-washable.

Graco Contempo - looks really comfy and folds really small. Only downside is that the straps aren't very long but I belive you can buy other ones for it. Got mine from Kiddicare half price.

I've got a Mama and Papa's Prima Pappa 2nd hand. I don't think I'd have bought it new though as i would have cost about £100.
I like the fact it reclines and has adjustable height.
I've just started putting Logan in it so he's safe and can see whats going on when he's in the kitchen. He's very happy in it :D

Muppet Mummy... This is partly what I wanted it now for, to pop Corey in, so he can watch me clean the kitchen/make bottles etc!! Seen as hes rolling now, I come back in the living room and hes WELL off his mat half way accross the room, rolling under my dining room table :doh:

So would like something to stick him in where he cant move, and I know its just going to get worse!!

I'll have a look at that one, then check ebay :shhh: lol

Back with the pics.

This pic is with it more upright (but not the most upright)
2773785229_0f9948fa04.jpg

And this is the most reclined it goes. She's having a cuddle with bedtime bear - who she normally prefers to eat I might add!
2774644036_7aa351e033.jpg

Awww, to cute!!! I still think thats my favourite highchair...! It is big tho!! And really id have to leave it out, as my understairs cupboard is FULL of carseat, pram, toys, shoes etc etc.

Looks comfy tho!! :D

beanie said:
I wanted a highchair that was easy to clean, allowed baby to sit at the table, looked nice (not a fan of plastic everywhere) and was value for money. We got the Stoke Tripp Trapp for Seren and it ticked all the boxes. It is made from wood so looks fab, and the covers come off easily so cleaning it was a doddle (there are no small spaces or ooks for food to get trapped in). It does't have a tray so fits in lovely at the table, so Seren could feel she was part of the family meal (the size of my kitchen would have meant a tray seat would have had to bave been away fromthe table). And it has been amazing value for money as we have converted it into a toddler chair and Sere uses it everyday. We weregoing to use the sameone for Cally but seeing as Seren gets so much use we are going to buy another one (though it will be cheaper as we already have the harnesses so just need chair and cushions)

I had the same requirements - we always eat at the table so needed a seat which would sit right at it. Some of the chairs with trays we've had in restaurants don't come off, so the baby is sat away from the table. I also find alot were quite reclined, even in the upright position, which doesn't make for good eating habits. The one we got was from Ikea, and about £25, which was fantastic value. It will last until she is ready for a proper chair. It is a fixed chair, which stays at the table (doesn't fold or anything) and I just relaced one of the dining room chairs with it. I would definatley recommend if you plan on having family meals together.

i brought ky a lovely wooden one from mothercare.....he hates it :roll: he'll happily sit in his nannies, cheapy plastic one from adsa :roll:

Yummy Scrummy Highchair

We have this one- it folds away quite compact- we only have a tiny flat and it just sits in our corner.

Evie only plays in hers at the mo but here she is:

n504729240_639983_1505.jpg

Evie. Damn. What a cute baby... I thought mine was the most beautiful baby in the world... jeeze, thats one good looking child you have there Jade!!! Shes Lovely!! What gorjus hair too. :cheer: Cutie. :hug:

Ha ha, highchair looks nice, I dont think my DS would be over the moon sitting in it tho. Saying that he wudnt mind, its his dad that would have a fit to come home and find his 1st born son sat in a pink chair!! :rotfl: Nearly worth doing. Still, im sure they do a blue/boys version too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back