Hiccups

jennywren

Reaction score
My Little dude has terrible hiccups all the time. He mostly does it when feeding but they don't make him cry, I think they upset me more! Half the time it sounds like he is going to throw up his full bottle as they sound watery every time he hics.

Is this due to wind? as he is a very windy baby and is quite hard to wind?

Any tips?

Luke gets hiccups a lot as well, the thing is they do bother him after a while and you can see it hurting his tummy. i asked health visitor and she said some babies just seem to hiccup a lot! :think:

rusks said:
i asked health visitor and she said some babies just seem to hiccup a lot! :think:

she was helpfull then lol - ill ask the HV when she comes on tuesday and see what answer she comes up with!

It is where not all of wind not coming up,(sorry babe in my arms,excuse typos) give warm boiled water and sit upright

Emily used to be very windy in her first weeks and got hiccups all the time
Shes grown out of them now
Its nothing to worry about hun, he's fine :hug:

Jamie was the same, he constantly had them & was very windy but as he got older they got less & less.

aw thanks for the replies, least I know they will get less!

Tried the water carp but doesnt shift it!!

xxxx

was the water warm? cold wont do it.....i just sit my babe up her side into my body and hold her all round or sway her rubbing her back with other hand.

I hate the hiccups :x

Debs hiccups a lot, and is a long baby. I mentioned it to the dr on her 8 week check-up and he said that in some cultures when babies hiccup it means they are growing. In my baby book (What to expect in the First year) it says that babies feel hiccups differently to us (although I'm not sure how they know, and not too worry. Apparently if they hiccuped a lot before they born they will do so now. Certainly seems true for Debs, who is currently hiccuping btw lol.

carpwoman said:
was the water warm? cold wont do it.....i just sit my babe up her side into my body and hold her all round or sway her rubbing her back with other hand.

I hate the hiccups :x

:think: hmm it may have been a little cool then Its the water that I feed him through out the day, cooled boiled water, but its pretty much at room temp so ill try it with some warmer water and see if that helps.

Its like as well some time the milk has sat on top of the hiccups lol cause he may hiccup a bit then a burp followed by milk sick!

Gingerpig, yeah he hiccuped alot in the womb, at least twice a day for an hour or so every day - so maybe that bit in the book is true lol

Libby gets hiccups 2-3 times a day - & she did in the womb too....same as you though JW, I think they bother me more than her!! I might try her with warm boiled water if she starts getting stressy about them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back