hi there

kentgall8484

Reaction score
hiya i may be early it says to come here week 27 but not tri 3 untill week 28? Anyway hiya! Does anyone know the reasons for a growth scan? As i would love to see baby again and i am measuring bigger than normal.

Welcome!

Growth scans are given for loads of different reasons but I think they are more concerned if baby's measuring small

Hello and Welcome :) I had a growth scan because we have little bambino, to make sure all was ok which it is x

I'm overweight so the growth scan is to more accurately get a measure on baby mine is at 32 weeks xxx

Welcome to tri 3! O had growths scans coz baby was measuring small.

Hi i had growth scans (two) due to High BMI - i dont think they bother unless your measuring well over on the measurments as its notmal to be about two centimeters out.

At one point i was 4 cm over and they still where not worried had a 8 pound 15 baby x

My mw says she judges it by the time of day as well, if I crawl through the door on my hands and knees sobbing at 5pm she knows I've had a busy day and my bump is all out front lol

welcome :D

for now they wouldnt be worried about size unless baby is too small.... you'll keep seeing midwife quite regularly now so if baby keeps measuring alot bigger then they will deal with it a bit further down the line, you may just be feeding him really well :D

xxx

main reasons are, your bump is measuring quite small or quite big for the week that you are, your BMI is over 30 (also have the two GTT tests in hospital if thats the case), if you have ever had complicated pregnancies in the past or risk of physical defects etc, and I had one because I have a blood disorder, so they wanted to check he was growing properly due to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back