Hi, Scared M2B

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JamsMom, Oct 27, 2016.

1. JamsMom

JamsMom Well-Known Member

Hello, the last time I joined this forum was 10years 8 months ago!!! I just found out i'm expecting again and am not sure how I feel about it. I really wanted to get married first, I have a good job but I'm self employed so I will only get state maternity which is equivalent to less than a quarter of what I earn, I'm petrified that for some reason myself and my partner might go our separate ways and I'll have 2 children by 2 different dads (we've been together 6 years and are very happy but people break up all the time!). I'm scared of losing the freedom I have, when my son goes to his dad's we can go away for a weekend etc. I'm just scared/worried/emotional!!!

I'm sorry if I offend/upset anyone TTC I know there's people out there who would give anything to be in my position, and it is something we'd planned but we wanted to wait until we were married first, I really want to be happy/excited but I'm struggling :(

2. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Firstly congratulations! Pregnancy can be a bit overwhelming, even some long term TTCers panic a bit when they actually get pregnant :). Im sure however things turn out that you wont be able to imagine it another way. It sounds like you are in a good relationship though. I don't think breakups just happen. It takes a lot of lead up to to ruin a stable relationship. Of course a baby can be a strain on anyone. There might be days when you haven't slept in a week and you are both grumpy and snappy but relationships take work and if you keep working things out together it will make you closer than ever.

#2 BunnyN, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. JamsMom

Thankyou, I think it's just so sudden it's a shock. We're very outdoorsy too like running Mountainbiking etc and general freedom! A lot is going to change and I'm not the best with change!!

4. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

With our 1st we still did quite a lot of walking. I got a boba wrap and an ergo baby carrier and they are wonderful. My aunt is a runner and bought a special pram and even ran the london marathon with her baby. So while you wont be able to do everything you may still be able to do a lot of outdoor stuff. Mountain biking might be a challenge :). Now that I'm pregnant with #3 and we have a 1.5 year old and a 3.5 year old I addmit its quite limiting.

#4 BunnyN, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. JamsMom

I guess we could get a babysitter occasionally to go biking :) Do you know what pram it was? :)

6. Leighwiltshire

Leighwiltshire Well-Known Member

i believe everything happens for a reason :)

7. JamsMom

Yes, I think I feel a bit better about it now. I think I'll have ups and downs, It's just such a big shock even though its something we've discussed a lot lately :)