Hi Mums

*Hope*

Reaction score
:oooo: Sorry to bother you as your all probably very busy (everyone keeps telling me to expect this soon haha)

I am 37 weeks pregnant and my baby has been oblique and transverse for a while now and i have a big feeling she isnt going to move.:wall2:

I dont fancy them trying to tur her so i am preparing myself for a c section which the doc said the other evening (i went into flase labour but all ok) would be probable. :eh:

just wondered who had c secs and what were your experiences??? :shock:

whats are your scars like? how were your babies when they came out?? did you breast feed (i really want to), and anything else you can think of. :)

xxx

hey mrs... madison was breech and i didnt want her turned (my mums friend had her baby turned at 39 weeks and they lost her as cord went round her neck ) it was a no no for me... they scanned me just b4 section to make sure she was still breech and then i went straight down bout 9am to get sorted it and she was out after ten... oh cut cord etc and i bawled like a baby lol :D she was perfect with a perfect round head :D i went to recovery and they let my mum dad and oh all into labour suite where they fed changed her etc till i was out so no i didnt breastfeed... they advised me against it as i was sick the whole 9 months and didnt think my milk would be nutritious enough for her altho i dont think i produced milk anyway :l ...

my scar is perfect i think its about 15 cm long and you can hardly see it... my gp advised me when in hosp never let the pain get too bad so as soon as i feel pain tell them its bad and i need pain relief because if u let it go too far the pain relief isnt enought etc so i buzzed the whole time and the pain wasnt that bad....

they wanted me to shower the evening i had her and i practically told them to eff off lol so i went for a shower the following morning.. they brought me down in wheelchair and it was worse than walking lol as the bumps in ground hurt my wound lol so i walked back and after that i was fine i would honestly do it again in the morning :D

the worst thing was removing the tube from my belly, some doctors dont put it in and some do ... it drains the puss etc which orevents it getting infected which mine didnt so it was worth it cos it was like 10 secs....

im glad to be able to give people a positive side of c sections cos i mostly heard bad things lol... altho my gp told me not to listen to anyone about emergency sections as they are TOTALLY different and most bad experiences i heard was emergency....

when will they section u?? i was sectioned 39+1 xx

I never had a c section, but just wanted to say I can't believe you're 37 weeks!! How fast has that gone?!

Ive had both an emergency and elective... with the emergency one i was put to sleep, but got told afterwards baby had no problems etc and she was given straight to her father after she was born who was waiting in the labour room... she was born in the afternoon and the next morning i was up and about and then allowed home the day after that, (had no drain put in)

With the elective i was awake, taken down about 9am and she was born at 10:08am heard her scream straight away, her father cut the cord and then she was placed on my chest and i had cuddles while they put me back together, stayed in recovery for alittle while, fed her *bottle fed* etc then wheeled into the ward, that evening i was up and about and the next day i wanted to go home but wouldnt allow me till the day after, i felt so safe in the hands of the surgeon and the midwifes that when they told me i had to have another section i was happy with it... this time round tho im asking for skin to skin contact straight after the cord is cut and i want to breastfeed, which in my c-section leaflet/booklet that i got from the hospital says about the skin to skin, as i never knew that last time, you should ask your hospital / midwife if they do a booklet thingy. oh and my section was 11 days early last time but this one will be 5 days early :)

Thanks guys!

I cant believe im 37 weeks either haha! It has gone pretty quickly.

They are likely to do it around 28th July (so next week!!!) I want skin to skin contact too and her dad to cut her cord, and to breastfeed asap :)

Thanks for making me feel a little less clueslessly worried.

any others? x

I had an emergency section for which I was awake - the surgery was fine, the team were amazing. However, the following day when I got out of bed to walk I found myself unable to breath, had excruiciating pain in my right side ribs area. I was sent for a radiation scan for a suspected blood clot on my lung - apparently its quite common after a section but no-one tells you about it until afterwards. Because of the radiation I was unable to feed, hold, touch or be near Rosie for 12 hours because of contamination. This almost killed me! Rosie had to be cup fed formula :( Also my milk took 5 days to come in, another side effect of a section which they dont tell you about. My scar was fine, although I had an infected stitch after about 3 weeks. I was left with an 'overhang' of flesh from my tummy above the scar, its like a flap! This is from the surgery, maybe one day I will be able to get it cosmetically done if I can't shift it through sit ups!
In general there is no way I would want another section, mostly because of the recovery time and how disabling I found it. Im a really active person and the worst thing was not being able to move about normally and the amount of painkillers/anti-inflammatorys I had to take afterwards.

Hope Im sure you will have a very positive experience :hug:

Oh god helen thats awful. had no idea yours was that bad. :(

very scary x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back