Hi ladies new here. xx

leannesxb

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I had my little boy on the 16th of March by emergency c-section. He was in SCBU for 5 days and struggled with feeding and breathing. He is a really windy baby and I am bottle feeding. He has been having detinox colic drops as they help to get his wind up a little. He seems to struggle what ever teat we use when he feeds and I am paranoid he is chocking all the time. When the OH feeds him he seems to just drink and mess around for me. I am becoming stressed at every feed time and its affecting baby I think. I seem to dread every bottle. I am really tired too and finding it hard to take time to recover from the c-section. Been out doing stuff every day and doing all the housework, night feeds, cooking etc. I do feel a little weepy but more from tiredness than anything depression wise I think. Just wanted too let off some steam ladies sorry. xxxx

Welcome and congrats on the arrival of your little man! The first few weeks are the hardest. Taking care of a baby is a lot of work, and then your hormones are all over the place. I know I was crying a lot in the first three weeks. Try no to worry so much about housework. Just take care of your LO and yourself. It gets much easier around 5 or 6 weeks, at least that is what I found! I hope he gets better with his feeding too! Xx

Hey hun ,

Congratulations on your baba . Have you tried dr brown bottles ruby struggled really bad with wind and these helped so much I also use gripe water before her feeds and this Also helps. I would say leave the house work and get rest while u can . I know it's hard but I promise it gets easier xxx

Welcome and huge congrats on the arrival of your little man!
I would say forget all about the housework... I have done no housework since Emily was born four weeks ago - the place is a tip, but I am too tired to do it! These first weeks are incredibly tough - you are recovering from the birth as well as having a whole new little person to care for. Try to rest when you can and focus on you and the baby rather than the house. God luck !

Welcome Hun. Like the others have said, forget about housework for a while. You need to get accustomed to mummyhood first. It does get better and as you get into a routine of sorts, youll find you'll be able to get things done. I'm only just managing it now and Joshua is 10 weeks tomoro. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time with feeding. I can't offer any advice on that but I do really hope it gets better for you. Try and enjoy every precious moment.xx

hey leanne, cngrats on your lush lil guy. it is soo hard im still knackered and napping most days and alyssa is a good baby that sleeps well at night. it will get better.

Sounds soo familiar. I cried so much during the first month,. I wad trying to be supermom, cleaning, cooking, shopping. We can't do it all huni.
Forget everything else and concentrate on you and LO.
Congratulations huni and welcome. Xxx

congrats hun

like everyone else said just leave the house work, iv tried to keep up with it but im just so exhaused now i cant be bothered, im finding it all so hard too, Kayla suffers with wind and colic too , im using infacol for now and trying to decide if i should go for the dr brown bottles or wait till she 4 weeks try some of the stronger colic stuff or new milk its all so stressfull my only advise is to try and stay calm when you feed him and it might make all the difference, the more feeds you do hopefully the easier it will get

Can you get your oh to do the odd night feed to help you?

mine works and drives as part of his job so i dont want him to drive exhaused so last few days iv been gioing up to bed at 9 or 10 letting him do the 1130 feed and put her down n get into bed with me then il do the 3/4 am and he will do the 6 am before going to work

congratulations. As the other girls have said it is a massive change and hard work being a mum! Having a baby on the SCBU adds a massive amount of stress you probably don't realise at the time and it all comes out when you finally get home. Holly was on SCBU for a week after a blood transfusion and it was an awful time and hard to have time to deal with it. Take each day as it comes and try to enjoy time with lo, housework will always be there! X

Congratulations and enjoy your little man to the max. As the girls said sack off the housework-can your OH or friends/family help out there? Sleep when baby sleeps even it's it's just putting your feet up and not sleeping. It will get easier and it does take time for you to recover from the op so make sure U don't over do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back