Hi I'm new and 6 weeks pregnant

Sammy J

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm so glad I have found somewhere, where I can ask questions as I really feel I need loads answering.

I found out last week that I was pregnant. I was on the Depot Injection and had my last injection 07/10/07 and has taken this long to concieve. I did three tests and they were all positive. We are delighted and so are all the family.

I can't help but not believe it though.

My symptoms were sore boobs and just a feeling, which I still get.
I called the doctors and they said the midwife only comes on a Weds so I had to fill a form out and I'm still waiting for a phone call.
Its agony, I think I just need someone to say that I definatly am pregnant and everything is ok.

When do they normally like to make the appointment with you and what do they do?

Sam

Hi Sam and congrats :cheer: :cheer:

My docs don't book you in till 10 weeks to see themidwife. First visit they want to know both yours and your oh's medical history and familes history and best take a urine sample with you as she'll want to make sure you don't have a water infection. Apart from that not sure what else they do, but someone will come and tell us (curious too about first visit!)

I think it varies depending on your area. My midwife rang me the day after i visited my GP to get my pregnancy confirmed (she's very efficient!). She then booked me an appointment to see her at 10 weeks. She asked me to take a urine sample with me and also said she would be sending some forms through the post for me to fill in and bring with me to that first appointment. (The forms asked questions about mine and my partner's medical history and family medical history).
When i attened the appointment i expected to be there for 5 minutes...i was there an hour! She went through the forms with me (even though i had filled them in!), discussed my birthing options and local hospitals, she went through all the foods i shouldn't be eating, and dsicussed what would happen at each of my antenatal appointments throughout my pregnancy (she alsoput me in the low risk pregnancy section due after the completion of the forms, which means i don't need to see her as much as someone who is high risk..i assume?)
She also checked my urine sample for protein and then took my blood, explaining all the tests that would be don and explaining why.
Ermmm....think that was it....on the whole though she was extremely lovely and put my mind at rest about many things.
Hope this helps. I bet though you just want to see her now!
xxx

:wave: :wave: Congratulations!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Think Honey explained the procedure pretty well!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations! :clap: :dance: Welcome to the club! :wave:

I'm still waiting for my Midwife appointment so I'm probably not the best person to ask! :lol:

Congratulations and welcome!
In my area (South Lincs) the doctors don't confirm the pregnancy - they just accept that the positive you've had is reliable (mainly because the tests the docs use have the same technology as home tests). You see the midwife at about 9 weeks - she comes to the house to take medical details and blood pressure then books you at the hospital for bloods within a week or so. Scan appointments come through for when you're about 10-12 weeks pregnant.
Basically, every area is different for the way it provides its maternity services but some health authorities put it on their website what to expect so it might be worth a look.
Good Luck with your baby.
Love
Helen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back