• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi Honeys, We're home!!!!! Updated first post with pics!!!

CH0C0H0LIC

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!! :wave:

Just got home so can only post a quicky....

James was discharged from scbu on monday afternoon but was still on IV antibiotics til last night so we had to stay in til today. It was confirmed as pneumonia but hopefully the antibiotics have been enough to shift it. We have an appt in the paed clinic at the beginning of January and touch wood everything will be ok.

It's been one hell of a mad week.. and WOW - I'm a Mum!!!

Thank you so much for the messages of support and to Hennally and Emmie, who always texted me when I needed a text (even though they had no idea their timing was so spot on - ooooh psychic!!!!) I'll be back later with pics!!!

Some pieces of advice...
1) If you haven't bought/sorted what you need to.. do it NOW!!!! Last Thursday night I was going to write my birth plan - instead I was HAVING my baby!

2) Prepare for the unexpected.. Last week I was saying "I'm breastfeeding, it'll be a doddle" - This week I have a baby who doesn't know how to breast feed because he's been in spec care, mastitis in one of my boobies and now I've got to go buy a steriliser and start expressing in the next 10mins else Jumbo won't get any dinner!!!

3) Enjoy your little bundle - You made that baby in your arms, no-one can make another like him/her.... Don't ever forget just how amazing YOU are for doing that!

Righto, I'm gonna go shake booby!!

Sarah xxx

UPDATE - PICS!!!!!

James at 1 day old (in SCBU)
MVC-003S.jpg

James at 6 days - Just got home!!
MVC-021S.jpg

Sorry if pics are huge.... I can't resize em (have tried Mods Promise!!!)

Awww hun i am so glad your both home and well, it deffo made us all realise our babies could come anytime, so much so i started packing my hozzie bag. Cant wait to see your piccys of little james, enjoy your first few days at home and look after yourself i'm always at the end of the phone if you wanna chat :hug: :hug:

Aww bless you hun congrats and big :hug: s... well done to you and baby James you did fab. i cant emagine how it must have been for you with having him in SCBU but so glad to hear your both out now :hug: :hug: enjoy being a mama and good luck with the pumping ;) xx

glad to hear you are both doing ok. congratulations on your LO :cheer: :cheer:

I'm packing my hospital bag TONIGHT!!!
Everyone keeps reminding me and i keep thinking i'll do it tomotrrow, i'll do it tomorrow. Eventually on one tomorrow (hopefully a few weeks away) i'll be having a baby! Right i'll do it tonight i promise!!!!

xxx

Yey great to have you back hun :dance: :hug:
Cant wait to see piccies of James :cheer:

awww so pleased your both home hun just burst into tears reading your post huge congrats looking forward to seeing the pics :hug: xxxxxxxx

congrats hun!!

I'm glad your home. I can't wait to see pictures :cheer:
Aw, thanks for your post. I'm getting really excited having read your post!

So great to hear you are home and huge congrats on the arrival of baby James - cant wait to see some photos.

:hug:

rach said:
awww so pleased your both home hun just burst into tears reading your post huge congrats looking forward to seeing the pics :hug: xxxxxxxx
Me too lol
Im so glad your both back home and well! Huge congratulations again to you hun and I seriously can not wait to see pics! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah, I'm so glad your back together and home, hope it's all going well honey. Take care xxx

Congratulations and welcome home!! Good choice of name..... :D
Jimmer (James)

Aww hun great to here from you! Cant wait to see the piccies!
Thanks for some great advice :) fortunatly i am too organised for my own good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back