Hi Everyone

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Hi there, I hope I'm posting in the correct place!

Basically, I have just fount out I'm pregnant, having done 3 HPTs this weekend all with BFPs! This is totally unexpected and unplanned so as you can imagine there is a variety of emotions running around at the moment.
Firstly, I've been with my boyfriend 3 years, we live together and have talked about eveything from getting married to having children etc so no worries there! He seems to be taking it in his stride at the moment,..I dont think its sunk in properly!
From what I can work out I'm about 4/5 weeks pregnant (calculating from day 1 of last period) and I have never been so scared in my life! I dont know what to do...... I'm trying to get an appointment at my docs at the mo...struggling for time since go away with work this week and on holiday for 2 weeks from next week! (timing isnt my strong point!) lol!
Anyway, I've started taking folic acid and relying on my boyfriend getting a good book this week while i'm away to read... is there anything else I should be doing? Also the only symptoms I have at the moment are a heavy feeling in my uterus, going to the loo alot and been feeling a bit sick on and off since friday..........any advice appreciated!!!!!! :roll:
also tellin the parents.....gonna be interesting,... think i'm scared about that the most!

congratulations hope you have a happy healthy 9 months seems like your going about everything the right way once you have seen your doctor they will book you in with the midwife so all you need to do now is relax be careful what you are eating and drinking and any worries ask on here there are lots of us here to answer any questions you have :D xxx

Congratuations and welcome to the forum.

Any questions just ask.

There is always someone who has experienced it before you

Awww hun :hug:
Congratulations and welcome to first tri! (though Im technically not in here now :roll: )
As Rach said, see the doc and then relax! The doc probably wont do much when you go! then you probably wont see the midwife for a while either so dont worry about your hols!
Do you know which foods to avoid etc?
Have a great time away! :cheer:

Hey hun :) hope you dont mind me asking, but how old are you? I'm only 20 and i found telling my parents really easy compared to what i thought it would be... i was panicing about it so much, but they were really ok about it - i was on the contraceptive pill as well so really unexpected!!

Thanks for all your support everyone! :)
I'm 26... which before I got pregnant felt quite old lol! now I feel really young and clueless!!!!! my boyfriend is 29... and my parents love him too so at least thats a start!!
I think the reason I'm worried about telling them is because firstly... I came off the pill in september for mood swing/emotional reasons and we were quite loose with the contraception! lol! but took the attitude of "if it happens it happens" etc and both of us were and are stil happy with that....I got the lecture off my mum when I was talking to her about that back then...etc
Secondly....I've mentioned, just off the cuff, to my mum about having kids and always get an answer of "oh your too young" or "enjoy your life first" etc and also "i'm too young to be a granny" hahaha! However, to me, life is about having a family and children and its what I look forward to most! :)
also we're not married or engaged......but times have changed now I guess....
Beth - how far along are you?

Have just booked an appointment at docs for next monday...so all good! :)

lol i just checks your ticker on your sig! :rotfl:
you're about a week ahead of me! :cheer:

Yep im about 5 weeks 3 days today i think, having a scan tomorrow at 11.30 so i should know for definite then!
It is hard to tell parents, especially if you know thy have big hopes and dreams for you.. As i said, i'm in uni, just finishing my 2nd year, so my parents were worried about me compleing my 3rd year but i told them that i'll do it, im determined enough to do it and i know i'll cope.
You should just say to your mum that although this baby wasnt planned, its a happy little accident and you will be fine etc.. You have a house and a job etc so you'll be fiiiine :D
And about the marriage thing - this is 2008, hardly any parents are married these days compared with about 20 years ago... So i wouldn't worry about that hun 8)
hope it goes ok for you! :hug: :hug:

Oh gosh you mam would be glad Im not her daughter lol! :D
Im 26 and this is my 4th!! :rotfl:

Hi quietone and congrats on your BFP :cheer:

You sound exactly like me, I'm 25, OH is 29, we've been together 6 years, own a flat together, got engaged a couple of years back but never got around to organising a wedding! Last summer I came off the pill because of headaches/mood swings and we took the same 'if it happens it happens' attitude! It did happen too and here we are 18 weeks along!

We found out back in March and I was also so so worried about telling my parents, mum had also had the whole live your life first and too young to be a gran attitude but they were both absolutely delighted! :cheer: I'm sure you'll find the same hun. We told them together (with Happy Easter Gran/Grandad cards to lighten the moment!!) they love OH too but still didn't stop me fearing all sorts when it came to telling them!

With regards to your appointments, the doctor/MW don't really do anything until you're further along so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't get an appointment until after your holiday. So long as you take your folic acid, try to eat healthyish. I had my first appointment at about 10weeks and all they did was check my blood pressure and sent me on my way until the 12 wk scan.

All the best hun,

Sarah x

Thanks for the confidence boost Sarah and Beth! :) much appreciated!
I've managed to get an appointment for next week, I think just for peace of mind and advice etc. Also we've only been in the area nearing on a year and although registered with the doctors, not been yet for anthing.. so thought best pop in and say hello!!! lol! Also my OH was pushing for me to get appointment too, for his piece of mind I think too!
I've checked up on what to eat/not eat etc, more so that i'm going away on holiday. One question, I read somewhere that it says to be wary of buffets due to bacteria etc. I know for certain the hotel we're going to is buffet food, will I be ok if we get there for the beginning of the buffet.. i.e when the food first put out? I think this is my one worry for the holiday.
xxxxx

aww congrats and i hope you have a very happy healthy 9 months :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back