Hi can anyone help please?

Leannexx9

Reaction score
Just after some advice really.. I started the mini pill 3weeks ago, and Ive been having sex every weekend since then.
I already have a 1 year old boy and i dont want any more kids just yet... but i'm panicking myself that i seem to be having all these symptoms.
I'm not due on until Friday 27th, i'm praying for AF to come but just wanted you to have a look at my symptoms..

Tender breasts/nipples
Loads of CM
Dizziness... i can't stand up without getting a "floaty" feeling.
increased hunger... You won't believe what i've been eating this last week or so.
needing the loo more often
And quite sharp random pains in mt pelvis.
Oh and emotional too - i'm currently in tears, just need sme reassurance lol
Thanks all

Not to panic you but that is screaming pregnancy at me Leanne!

Think maybe you should invest in a couple of tests too put your mind at ease - they may be effects of the pill your on.

I've taken a couple of tests which have been negative (not suprised as I'm not due on for another 6 days)
I'm hoping they are all side effects of the pill :(

I seem to remember, from school lol, that the mini pill is progestorone only, am I right? Well, that's the hormone that's responsible for most of the symptoms in pregnancy, so it seems only logical that you woudl get pregnancy-like symptoms until your body gets used to the new level. Maybe google a bit more info about the mini pill? I've only ever been on the combined pill so can't speak from experience.

just looked up side effects of the mini pill and splashmonkey is right that the effects are similar to pregnancy symtpoms

periods tend to be irregular, which can be a considerable nuisance
sometimes periods stop - this may be a worry to you, and you may need the reassurance of a pregnancy test
if you did become pregnant while taking the mini-Pill, there is a chance that the pregnancy might be ectopic, that is outside the womb - so if your period is late and you get pain in your lower tummy, contact a doctor fast (ectopics are said to be rarer with Cerazette)
you may get spots on your skin
you could get tender breasts
there's a small risk of cysts in the ovaries – indeed, it’s best not to use the POP if you’ve already had an ovarian cyst
women sometimes report nausea and headache and also dizziness, depression and weight change.

so it could just be this rather than an actual pregnancy, dont panic and take a test again in a week.

thanks for your replies.
I've been googling side effects of the pill , and I have got some... it's just the dizziness that's worrying me because even if i just stand up from sitting down I feel like I'm floating..... and my headaches are reallly bad :(

it does sound like pregnancy but many women get pregnancy-like symptoms from the pill. iv been on several different types of pill- including the mini-pill and even a really super strong combined pill called dianette- none of them ever gave me pregnancy symptoms! except for cerazette (which i was only on for one day) which made me really sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back