HI, 6 wks pregnant and a bit scared of the unknown!

ravenboo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 6wks pregnant and up untill a few days ago, i was really happy.
I have been being treated for depression but now my Doctor wants to stop my medication, which is making me very anxious and i feel rather alone with all this, but am hoping in time i will feel excited again, just wanted to join a forum for a bit of support.

Thanks X

RB

Hi there and welcome to the forum, you will always have support here so no worries there, many congrats on your pregnancy and have a very happy and healthy one. Maybe discuss how anxious you are about coming off the meds and see if there are any support groups locally x

Thanks,

I am due to go and see my doctor again on tuesday to talk about my options, i asked my OH to come along for a bit of support as last time i was there i nearly fainted and was sick, partly due to me getting stressed out!

I am really hoping to feel happier as the pregnancy goes on.

x

Good luck to you, hope it all goes well with your doctors appointment x

Hi and welcome, hope all goes well with doctor and you feel a bit better soon.

Hi

Welcome and wishing you a happy pregnancy

:love:

Welcome to PF , it's a great forum and I would say come on regulary and chat , and you will find a wealth of support out there for you from us lot, just ask the docs lots of questions re coming of the meds. Pregnancy is a really exciting time, don't worry about it, or stress about what will happen too far into the future, take a day at a time, and really enjoy it, the 40 weeks go by so fast , revel in every moment

Huge congrats on your pregnancy X

Last edited:
Hi Again,

Well i went to see my Doctor on tuesday and he decided that it would be best for me to stay on my medication but only have them every other day, which i am happy with.

I have had a few down days this week and decided to see a hypnotherapist to help deal with my anxiety and depression, had my first session yesterday. I found it hard to relax but am hoping the positive thoughts went in!!

I have found it of huge benifit today, even though it is very early days, to think about my birth plan, just to make me feel i have some control and hopefully i can start to relax and enjoy my mini bump!

Hi :wave:

Congratulations xxx

I stopped taking prozac (fluoextine sp?) when we started trying to conceive and tbh I did have alot of ups and downs during pregnancy that were really drastic buuuut I did it and since having my son is the first time since my early 20s that I don't feel the need to take anti-depressants.

Look forward to following your story xxxxxx

Hi and welcome to the pf. I'm sure you will get lots of support here hun x

Hi :) welcome to the forum!

Hope you have a happy healthy 9 months!

xxx

Hi nice to meet you, can guarantee you'll get plenty of support here xxxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy and weclome to the Forum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics