Hey Girls!

Mildly

Reaction score
Hey :wave: I've haven't been to the forum for a while, been kind of busy with other stuff. No BFP news to report but congratulations to those who've got theirs :cheer:

I have however got myself a job :cheer: , I start in two weeks so am kind of nervous about that. My boss did say at the interview that he wants me in the job for at least 18 months (this was in response to me questioning whether promotion and development to the next level would be something they might offer). The job actually doesn't exist yet, it is something that I will have to... well make my own and fit into the team that is already there. So I guess what I'm getting at is that I am a bit nervous about getting pregnant now. The job sounds really great and I don't want to mess up my chances of getting promoted in the future. Does that sound really stupid? Has anyone else felt like that whilst starting a new job or position whilst TTC? Obviously I haven't said I'm TTC as I doubt that I would have been given the job but it kind of makes me feel a bit dishonest. I have talked it over with my partner but he doesn't want us to stop trying. He is worried about 'being too old' to have kids - his words not mine (he is ten years older).

I'm not really having a dilemma about continuing TTC, I just wondered whether it is natural to feel this way about the situation.

Once you have the job nothing they can do - and if it harms your chances of promotion in an obvious way you have a case for discrimination. The only get out to that is it will probably take you longer to get promoted as you are taking a year out on maternity leave so in effect missing a year of development. I suppose you have to choose between a child and quicker job development. It's natural to have doubts, but TTC is all about choices :D

Thanks for the reply libs :) I know I might not get pregnant for a couple of years so it might not even be an issue. I'm not so much of a career woman but after being unemployed for three months I am really pleased to have got another job. I'm not going to give up trying to conceive so I guess I will have to deal with any feelings of guilt regarding leaving my employers in the lurch when, and if it happens :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back