Hey all! I am a new member.....

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi there

My husband and I have been trying for a few months. I am a little confused about the medical system in the UK, so am turning to you guys for help! (I am not from the UK).

I am wondering what the process is. Do people see their GP, or an Obs whilst trying to conceive or only after they think they are pregnant?
Really not happy with my GP - he doesn't give me much time and didn't give me any info when I said we were starting to try to conceive. :wall:

Any thoughts????

Thanks,
Clucky77

Welcome :wave:

Generally I think people only visit their GP/book in with the midwife when they think they're pregnant, or if they've been TTC for some time without success. The TTC board has lots of info!
Good luck TTC :pray:

Thanks for the info. So once you fall pregnant do you need to be seeing your GP regularly? Am just thinking about changing mine if so...

Hi and welcome :wave:

When you fall pregnant you will see your GP first then midwife all through your pregnancy :hug:

What usually happens is you will be assigned to a midwife that is based at your surgery (you might have more than one working there so could see a different one each appointment.) After your booking in appointment, you will see her around every few weeks (depending on your area) I saw mine at 16, 24, 28, 32 and 36 weeks (scans at 12 and 20 weeks). If you have any complications with your pregnancy you will be referred to a consultant at your hospital.

hope that helps :D

I Haven't got any advice TTC, but wanted to welcome you! :wave:

Hope you get a BFP (big fat positive) soon!! :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back