Had 28 midwife appt today

muffinferon

Reaction score
And it was with a midwife I've never met before. I think this is the 3rd one I've seen, but I really hope she isn't the one who delivers my baby! She was so,what's the word, just like she didn't want to be there. There was no 'how are you'etc, listening to baby's heartbeat I think it was on for about 5seconds then she said sounds fine,I have no idea how many bpm baby has! Bloods were quickly done, my comments said well,no concerns whereas the others had written a bit more previously and I was told at 24week appt we'd be talking about breast feeding this appt, well, no we won't as it just seemed a rushed appt. said about having sore coccyx and sore bottom left of back and was givin a leaflet and told I can self refer for physio and it's just one of the pains during pregnancy.

Sorry for the moan, but I can only sum her up as disinterested. I know they see lots of people and I don't expect her to give any cures for back pain, but I think it was just her general dis interest that's annoyed me. Anyone else had midwives like that? Why do the job if you are a crabby git lol :lol:

yes but its highly unlikely she will be there when you give birth, in both my pregnancies i had a few different midwives and never saw them at the birth only when i went home

Sounds like my midwife!!! Crap! Think when u do a job like that you should b alot more helpful and caring, if you don't wanna b there then don't, it's a life there helping with and still they rub u off like its nothing! They may see loads of woman each day but each baby to each mum is special! Gr sorry boils my piss lol x

And it was with a midwife I've never met before. I think this is the 3rd one I've seen, but I really hope she isn't the one who delivers my baby! She was so,what's the word, just like she didn't want to be there. There was no 'how are you'etc, listening to baby's heartbeat I think it was on for about 5seconds then she said sounds fine,I have no idea how many bpm baby has! Bloods were quickly done, my comments said well,no concerns whereas the others had written a bit more previously and I was told at 24week appt we'd be talking about breast feeding this appt, well, no we won't as it just seemed a rushed appt. said about having sore coccyx and sore bottom left of back and was givin a leaflet and told I can self refer for physio and it's just one of the pains during pregnancy.

Sorry for the moan, but I can only sum her up as disinterested. I know they see lots of people and I don't expect her to give any cures for back pain, but I think it was just her general dis interest that's annoyed me. Anyone else had midwives like that? Why do the job if you are a crabby git lol :lol:

My Midwife has been terrible, to be honest am even thinking about putting in a complaint. This is my first pregancy and i just feel like your rushed in and out. She is always late as well which annoys the hell out of me as i know if i turned up late for an appointment they would not see me. I find everytime i try and ask my MW questions she cant be bothered and always refers me to the internet. Am due to give birth in 3 weeks and in no way do i feel prepared.

xx

Hey hun,

Hope you're well. What mw team do you have? Mine is tulip. I get a different one each time, think there are 8!

x

If it wasn't for the Internet and this forum, I would be panicking a lot more about what to expect. I'm just glad I have this because if every appt was like today, I'd wish I didn't have to go. it's not goodthat a few of us havent had the best midwife care in the way of info from them or general interest.

Hey Laura, I'm good ta,how are you? Not long now at all for you! Are you getting excited or nervous, or a bit of both? V midwife team is poppy. Think I've seen 3 or 4 midwives xxx

My normal mw is like this! I like the other one! She is much more thorough

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

lol my mw tried to pull a fast one. she said she would do my 28 week app while i was waiting round during my GTT then she never turned up at the unit. had to go the doctors and book myself an app for her clinic or i wouldnt hae had another app or known when to see her next. shes not measured me once or written down the hb rate ever. basically i find out anything i need to know from this forum.

kinda makes me feel sad, i was feeling really lonely and friendless today and having a naff mw even tho shes pleasant and friendly enough is just depressing. being a domsetic goddess today to cheer myself up cos at least i have my OH and my family near me even if i dont have and real friends.

My mw never record the bpm on the hb and actually asks if I want her to listen! Lol of course I always say yes!

She never feels for baby's position either!

The other mw does all of it! I find it so disheartening like she can't be bothered

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back