Hemera's labour story

Hemera

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well went in for an inductions on Thursday 27th at 10.30. went on the monitors for a bit to make sure everything was ok and then they put the induction thingy in which was like a long flat piece of string that hooked onto the cervix. This was about midday.

I started feeling a bit achy and at around 9pm did a massive poo which resulted in lots of extra pressure - think the poo was holding him up! :p

AFter this I was getting constant lower backache and period pains and was also wide awake - got some paraceptamols around 2.30 am and was examined as I thought the string was slipping out - 1cm still at this point

Managed 40 mins sleep before waking up again with more intense pains. These pains I soon figures out were probably contractions and wacked the tens machine on. The tens did help for a few hours as the pains got worse and worse but I was contracting every 2-3 mins lasting about 1 min. Got some codene at around 6.30am but didn't really touch the pain at this point.

Husband came in at 8.30am and I was being a massive whinger and was not coping with the pain by myself and they actually examined me at about 9.30 - 10am to see how far I was along. At this point I was 4cm so they arranged for me to go up to delivery suit - didn't get up there till 10.30 after getting my husband to chase it up, I was screaming for an epidural now as I had no sleep the night before and was so freaked out at how much more pain I was to endure.

In the delivery suite they got me on gas and air which helped so much! they put a needle in my hand ready for the epidural but the midwife noticed there was a lot of show so decidede to do a quick internal and I was 9cms and my waters broke there and then. I opted to go without the epidural then as I was pretty much there - think this was about 11.30-12pm but was quite hazy at this point. started pushing pretty much straight away on gas and air but they recommended I stop using it as I wasn't breathing right on it.

Pushing was hard as my contractions were only about 20-30 seconds long now so didn't really get any real pressure.

Drake was born at 13.08 with no pain relief. His heartrate was dropping so they were preparing to get some forcepts etc but I did an extra hard push as recommended. Ended up with a 2nd degree tear which is stiched up which has very nearly gone to my anus :( also pretty sure I've got piles so going to the docs tomorrow to see whats best to use but other that that all fine.

Drake is perfect! came out and went straight on my chest crying his lungs out! he calmed down really quickly. My OH actually saw him come out and burst into tears straight away! I've never seen him so emotional it was lovely.

Went home the next day and had a bit of trouble settling him down - he just loves to be hugged :)

Attachments

• P1010183smaller.jpg
    P1010183smaller.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 36
Awww lovely birth story well done and congrats to you, he is gorgeous :)

What weight was he? xx

aww look at him he is gorgeous, congratulations :) xx

Congratulations, you done amazing and he is a beaut. x

He's gorgeous x congratulations x

Massive congrats hun.....u did amazing! Drake is so cute! Hope u recover quickly xxx

just waned to say, your birth story filled me with tears. I can't wait to go into labour and really can wait to get that first instant feeling of holding your very own little baby. you must be so proud xxx

Congrats and well done. He is gorgeous.xx

Massive congratulations on the long awaited birth of your son!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back