HELP!

Sage

Reaction score
Ky's teething problem is getting terrible! he only took about 10oz all day and night yesterday. Everytime he goes to suck he twitches like mad, pulls away then cries. and i can tell hes straving coz he kept launching himself for the teat then pulling away when it hurts.

I had to give him calpol which stopped the crying in general but he still couldnt feed.

Its now got to the point where he bites his teething toys then screams!!

Hes had nothing to drink since 3am! he was crying himself to sleep when i was cuddling him just now, he was so hungry and tired it was heart brakeing! :cry: :cry:

I had to feed him the bottle with a medicine spoon!

what can i do, i feel so helpless :(

hi hun i put calgel on Hannahs gums just before i agve her the bottle and that seemed to help i ahve even rubbed calgel on the teat of the bottle because that got her to suck

Hey hun, so sorry he is in pain :(

Like its been said try some teething gel on his guns and teat of the bottle. Even if he doesnt take it straight away it should be easier after 5mins or so when the gel works.

Hope he is better soon :hug:

I'll try the gel on his bottle. its very hard to keep it in his mouth he hates it lol he does everything in his power to dribble and hock it up!! I think i can feel a tooth at the top but its hard to see he wont open his mouth for me. i think its literally just under his gum. i can feel a sort of rough patch along the top. hope it doesnt take much longer to cut, poor thing is so upset.

the ashtons parsons powder doesnt seem to be working very well at the mo, poor kid is like a junky all the stuff ive tried.

The only thing i can do to stop him screaming is cuddle him and he suck/bites his blankey, big woof! :roll: he just sobs into it! poor thing!

What about one of the teethers that you can put in the fridge to numb his gums a bit before before his feed? :hug:

you could always try an amber teething necklace... :wink:

When a teething baby is wearing the necklace against their skin, the skin's warmth releases the healing oils from the amber which are absorbed via the skin into the bloodstream.

Amber's therapeutic properties are recognized by allopathic medicine. In europe you will find amber teething necklaces sold in local pharmacies as doctors have long known about the healing properties of amber which include calmative and analgesic functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back