DYLAN STOPPED BREATHING

keelie_b

Reaction score
he has reflux and started on gaviscon on monday but hes no better. he hates feeding (BF) and screams all the way through but thankfully ive still been able to get some down him.
well i was just feeding him and he screamed so hard and then wouldnt take a breath, his face went purple and i didnt know what to do.
thank god he pulled himself out of it as i was clueless. what do i do when he does this?
It hurts so much knowing he was in so much pain that forgot to breath whilst screaming. poor little thing :cry: :cry:
I know theres a reflux thread but im really worked up and hoped someoone could advise me quicker in here about what i should do when he doesnt breathe??

:cry:

Try blowing gently on his face hun

I KNOW how scary it is, my Oliver does the same, but his isn't down to reflux.

Aw poor thing must be so hard to hear him scream like that :hug:

As star said, blow in his face. I'd get him back to the doc too hun, tell them about the above and see if they can give a better med.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi hun, im not sure about what do to with his breathing but if hes screaming through feeds have the docs not said this could be colic? Its just that i have 2 children, my first had mild reflux and the gaviscon worked wonders but my second screamed through feeds etc and i tried gaviscon to no avail. The only thing that helped was colief. Now i know this may not be what your lo is but just wanted to pass this on incase it may be. There are certain degrees of colic and my son had vit very bad till this eventually worked.

Eventually this will pass hun, i know how hard it is when they scream through feeds etc. My lo also screamed when passing wind too.

Take care. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:

I Remember one night caitlyn was choking in her sleep on the sick she had brought up due to her gaviscon that was scary.

aww poor you.. Ollie had a screaming episode earlier and started choking which scared the life out of me.. i reakon these babies are born to make us worry! lol

Claire x

we call it the purple paddy, she had her first when we put her in the bath for the first time, blowing in their face does work a treat!

I always found if I took Connie outside or stood by the open door when she was doing the hysterical screaming she calmed down pretty quick. The fresh air always worked wonders.

As the others have said, gently blow in his face! It makes your body instinctively breathe! :hug: :hug:

oh hun, how scary! :shock: your really not having an easy time of it atm.

poor little dylan! as the others said I would definitely take him back to the docs. I really hope things start getting better soon :hug: :hug:

This *can* happen because of reflux. They can choke on their own sick... If this is the case then he def needs more meds than just the gaviscon (It happened to Jade&Evie's little one).

However, if its just having a paddy, which it sounds like it was as he was crying... Phoebe does it all the time. She also now thumps the floor with her feet and throws herself backwards (great if she's sitting up, we've got wood flooring :roll: )

The other thing you can try doing is clapping, that sometimes helps snap them out of it.

Funny you should say that he screams though the whole of your breast feeds. So did Phoebe :cry: and as a paranoid first time Mum, I believed (as I was being told by mw's) that she wasn't getting enough milk Good on you for sticking at it, it can't have been easy :hug: :hug:

If ever you need a chat, just gimme a PM xx

I bet that was really scary :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: The fact that he was screaming was a good sign though. James stopped breathing when he was 6 days old and went floppy and unconcious and had to be resusitated by a paramedic.
I agree blowing on him is a good plan. I hope it doesn't happen again :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh yes, this happends with some babies who have reflux!! Its scarey, Corey used to have blue lips constantly while feeding etc. its scarey!

Blowing on their face makes then inhale and shocks them abit, so they breathe again!!

Remember to mention taht to the Dr... if you havent yet, then get a refural to a pead regardless of whatever the Dr thinks or wants to try next. pead's are god's as far as we are concerned!!

Exactly the same thing happened to Kazzie-bo when her LO was little.
I think she got a breathing monitor for the cot supplied by the hospital.
Hopefully she'll see this and let you know.
Lucyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back