Help...?

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Not sure if i've got this in the right place or not but just wanted some advice...

Layla started cutting her first two front bottom teeth 12 days ago... only 1-2mm are showing, nothing more. Yesterday and today have been a nightmare. She has hardly eaten anything, and her milk consumption is being really affected too. Yesterday she only managed 11oz and today - 12oz. That is INCLUDING the 3oz used for her weetabix for breakfast :-(.

I finally got her down to sleep at 9.15pm tonight (instead of 7-7.30pm) however, she has been up since 11pm.

The strangest thing in all this is that when I put her down at 9.15pm she was absolutely fine. Nothing wrong. Calpol had done its job etc.

At 11pm however, she has a FULL ON and I mean FULL ON STREAMING COLD??? Nose constantly running... her face is covered :-( before I get chance to wipe her nose, the runny stuff is everywhere all over her face (tmi).

Amongst the "winges" there are many smiles and I've taken her temp which is reading at 35.9 so no temp.

I'm confused. Is this really another bad teething symptom? I've tried giving her more water but she refuses.

Also, when changing her for bed her nappy was near on DRY. For a 3 hour period that is not normal. I changed her again at 11 (3.5 hours later) and although wet... very very little compared to what I would "normally" expect in a 3-3.5 hour period.

I will be taking her to the doc in the morning but just wondered if you had any advice? Similar symptoms with your LO's? The sudden change from nothing to a FULL ON streaming cold is what I don't get. :shock:

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. xxx

** have now rung primecare to see what they say. I'm concerned at the sudden change in my poor baby... it's completely out of nowhere :-( xxx

Last edited:
Isla has a streaming nose at the moment and is teething her back teeth at the moment. She goes from happy to screaming in a matter of minutes.

She goes of her food and only wants milk. She had boob morning and evening along with 6oz of cows milk over the day. Thankfully she just woke up which is my alarm call anyway so I don't mind.

As for the dry nappy if she's not drinking or eating as much her nappy would be drier than usual.

Let us know if it's more than teething xxx

Tegan also has a running nose which for her is due to Teething! i think she's cutting a few back teeth. she's very unsettled atm. hope laylas ok xx

We're going through the same too ATM, really bad runny nose.
Keep up with the Calpol and if she won't eat just try milk little and often.
It's not nice for them :(

thanks girls... yeah it's definately teething.

Poor Layla is completely off food and drink this morning - she has had nothing :cry: Doctor says I just have to "wait it out" :-( Nothing anyone can do and that she will drink and eat when she wants too... :-S She won't even take water :-( Off this afternoon to discuss more with Health Visitor... :-( ♥ x

Its so hard isn't it :( my husband text me to say Isla screamed being handed over to the childminder :( she is so clingy its unreal. Off to get her some more teethin granules to help her out as these calm her down. Have you tried them?
Em x

oh it's awful hun... sorry that you are suffering too... Layla is mega clingy too... can't even go for a pee without her crying bless her :-(

I've just found the ashtons and parsons (darn move lol) so will be dosing her up with some of that! It's never been this bad before so I haven't needed to use it til now...

Hope all our LO's feel better soon. Hate it when they are like this :-( xx

Just a little update....

Saw HV this afternoon and had Layla weighed. She's lost 7oz :-( She is beginning to be more active now so as expected I guess but 7oz? She's basically lost what she gained the last time she was weighed!

Anyways, HV didn't seemed too concerned. Layla has been much better this evening. Went down to bed at 8pm and not stirred since :dance: so obviously her teeth are giving her a break this evening.

We went all day today with her not eating or drinking (managed to get 2oz of water down her though throughout the day) and then at 7.30pm she suddenly downed her 8oz of milk which sent her to sleep for bed! So am pleased that she got that in her at least. Still only on 10oz total fluid today and no food but I'm hoping that tomorrow being a new day will be better :)

In the meantime, I have been told to monitor her and her nappies etc and if still dry/limited wetting etc then will need to go back to doc tomorrow afternoon for more advice etc... HV is calling tomorrow afternoon for a check on her to make sure all is ok.

Also been told as soon as my Sure Start vouchers come in I must take them in straight away and get Layla onto vitamins as even on a good day we cannot get more than 15-16oz in her (thats including 3oz used to mix porridge/weetabix) although the HV's here really aren't too bothered about the lack of milk intake as long as they are eating enough solids too...

So there we are! That's Layla at the moment... until tomorrow... ;-) xx

When Tegan went off her food the other month she also lost 7 Oz. how's things this morning Hun? x

Hi girls... yeah we had a good night last night... perhaps too good? Layla didn't wake until 10am! :shock:

It was like she was catching up on the lack of sleep from the night before bless her.

This morning however, she has not mangaged to drink any milk or water BUT, she did managed to eat a whole adult weetabix mixed with 3 oz milk and a fromage frais pot so at least that is something. I'm just still worried about the lack of fluid intake.

Her nappy change this morning was alot wetter than we have had which is good (but then she did manage that 8oz bottle before bed last night)

She has also had a poo (tmi) this morning too which is good... (she didn't have one at all yesterday)

She's bit grizzly again now... again down to teeth but also frustration as she is trying her hardest to "crawl" but keeps ending flat on her face bless her xxx

If it helps Isla is sat getting stuck in to dinner, the first time in over a week. She's even eating carrots which she went off! X

aaawww poor Isla hunni. Glad she is getting stuck in now though :) We are still having a bad day with the food but better than yesterday! Layla had a suck on some cucumber earlier and managed a little bit of cheese but next to nothing compared to what she normally has food wise. At least she had her weetabix this morning! Still not been able to get any milk down her and only 2oz water so far. Am praying that she takes her 8oz bottle tonight (although I am contemplating making it 9oz to see if she will take it? ) If she manages that then at least we will be on 11-12oz for the milk again today... xx

Last edited:
I would try making it 9 Oz & see if she'll take it Hun, Tegan's a sod for milk & only has 5 Oz a day. she's had a rubbish day for food think the heat doesn't help xx

Hope the teathing eases up soon for you ladies , Devon goes right off food, gets runny nose, runny, and smelly nappies and generally is a right clingon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back