Help! Worried.... :(

DebbieM

Reaction score
I'm 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant.

I got up this morning and found that I had a very light kind of beige colour discharge - only when I wiped. Of course I was worried sick so showed my OH the tissue next time I went to the loo and he said it didn't look like blood.

Just been again, after going about 6 time today, and it's back again. It's very, very light and only occasionally when I wipe. It's not so much brown, but more light beige.

Any ideas? I'm feeling sick with worry :(

Dont panic your spotting by the sounds of it, its very common and painless and is just your baby bean getting comfy.

Unless you are finding fresh red blood in your knickers, or when wiping, or in discomfort or pain, or having cramps.Then call your doctor or MW but sounds like what your experiencing is all normal and will pass.Just out your feet up and rest - and get a early night!

Yeh I agree, I had this too and everthing was fine. Contact your EPU or GP if your are doubles over with pain or have red blood with clotts.

I'm sure everything ok, and now is the time to start getting pampered so get your feet up and let someone else do the dinner. xxx

Ive had spotting since 6 weeks and quite a bit more than you have it sounds like. Ive been told its very common in early pregnancy and as long as its not clots or you have cramps then its fine.

This is a Q and A from the Midwife FAQ's that was posted earlier:

I am 6 weeks pregnant and getting a brown discharge. I am told this is normal, but why is it happening?

Many women have a small discharge at some time in pregnancy it can be white, brown or even red. Brown discharge is usually old blood. This could happen a few days after sexual intercourse or where a small blood vessel near the surface (called a capillary) of the skin in the vagina has broken. This is usually harmless and does not affect the baby. If the problem continues you may need to speak to your doctor or midwife

:)

Ruthie said:
This is a Q and A from the Midwife FAQ's that was posted earlier:

I am 6 weeks pregnant and getting a brown discharge. I am told this is normal, but why is it happening?

Many women have a small discharge at some time in pregnancy it can be white, brown or even red. Brown discharge is usually old blood. This could happen a few days after sexual intercourse or where a small blood vessel near the surface (called a capillary) of the skin in the vagina has broken. This is usually harmless and does not affect the baby. If the problem continues you may need to speak to your doctor or midwife

:)

Jesus i just read this put my mind at ease a bit, I starting bleeding (well, more like a brown discharge) on saturday got to the hospital and then it turned red, I was IN TEARS. Im sorry but why on earth doesnt anyone tell you this ??????????!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its stopped and returned again, not too red more browny red but it has been red a few times feels like a period aswell i cant help but worry... sorry not thread jacking this is horrible, why does this have to happen?!!

aww hugs to u all :hug:
it is horrible when it happens,i've had it through out my pregnancy's,fingers crossed though i aint had it with this one but time will tell.
Try not to worry i know its hard but the less stressed u are is alot better for baby. Most of the time it turns out to be ok but there is nothing u can do other than rest n hope for the best.

I know i just keeping thinking the baby will pop out and then i will tell it how worried i was early on lol!

xx

xx

Well, it changed to a very lightly pink tinged discharge before bed last night but then when I got up during the night and now this morning, it's pretty much like it was first thing yesterday morning - a kind of goldish/beigh color but hardly noticeable. I'm getting the odd cramp as usual.

I'm still worrying myself sick :(

You know...

Because I've not even had my booking appointment yet (that's not til next Monday), I don't even know who I should go to for any worries. Should it be the Mat unit, the Dr, the EPU?

Well, that was useless.

I called the Mat Unit (well my OH did) and they said they can't help as I'm not booked in yet so I have to call my Drs.

I've got an appointment at 12.50pm today with a Dr I have never met before who will probably be as useless as all the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back