help with policy wording-being proactive

TINKS82

Reaction score
As my probation is nearly over I've been reading the maternity policy and it says, To qualify for contractual maternity pay, a woman must have been continuously employed by the University for a minimum of 52 weeks up to and including the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth.if I started my new job on 09/01/12, with this policy would I qualify from middle of July?

No, from how I read it you'd need to have been there since July 2010 to qualify from this July.

But if I was to conceive Aug, then I would have been there a over year when baby would be born? These policy wording always confuse me.

My brains half asleep, there's 52 weeks in one year not two lol!

I think you'd need to be no further gone than 25 weeks by January 2013, it is confusing.

Last edited:
U can't be more than 25 weeks pregnant on the 9th jan 2012 to be eligible.

Lol thanks tinkerbell, u nearly sent me over the edge then :) Xx

Hmm, you need your due date to be later than 24th April 2013 to qualify if I worked or out right xx

That's quite precise Louise, when would I be able to try from??

You need to have been there a year before 15weeks before baby is due, so you need to have worked there for a year before you are 25weeks pregnant. If you got pg now you (pregnancy is counted from last AF so if today was cd1) you would be 25 wks about the 28th dec, so really you would need to wait till next month I think. If I've counted properly.

Depends on your cycles really.

Last edited:
All I did was go 09/01/12 to 09/01/13 = a year, plus 15 weeks = due date and then fiddled around with a due date calculator so it might be out a few days.

Having egg collection anytime in August should cover it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back