Help with my six year olds homework - anyone puhlease!!!!

EllieG

Reaction score
Feeling ever so slightly thick - I need help with Lotties homework :shock:
We have to make two lists of words - one with the sound 'y' as in 'myth' and 'hymn'
The other with the sound 'e' as in 'pretty'

Really could use a bit of help! we already have gym and nymph for the first one (although not sure if we can use 'nymph' in my daughters homework), but don't have any for the second"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

blimey, its harder than it sounds isnt it!
:think: :think:

are these any good? :oops: :oops:

yeti
read
feet

y as in myth (short i)

gym
hymn
system
bicycle
cyst (though that's pushing it for a 6 year old haha)

As for the second one... um... leave it with me :rotfl: . I don't think any of the three above qualify though ("eh" and "ee" sounds for both rather than a short i. Can't believe I actually teach this for a living :oops:

ooo some good ones there thanks!
Glad I'm not the only one finding it tricky!!!!
Tuck, thanks for trying but trying to get the 'y' and the 'e' sound like phonic 'i' (does that even make sense??)
As for cyst - had thought of lymph but cyst would be more believable :rotfl:

I am currently asking one of my (also a primary teacher) colleagues on MSN :rotfl:

:rotfl: thanks :rotfl: they can't say there was a lack of parental effort for this piece of work :rotfl:

OK we're doomed. Asked them and also another of my colleagues (who's head of the infant dept) and neither of them have a clue either. Can't say we didn't try :rotfl: :rotfl:

:D Excellent - might have to ask DD lovely teacher exactly what he had on his list lol - or maybe, there just isn't another word - a trick question :think:
Thank you so much for trying though :hug:

Please let me know the answers if there are any, this has really fried my brain :lol: . I'm rather glad I have older kids in my class when I go back to work in January and there's less of the phonics teaching :rotfl:

I will! What age group do you teach?

This has been annoying me too!

I can only think of two which are 'kinda' right...but it probably depends on your own pronunciation

Emergency (first 'e')
Beneath (first 'e')

Ooh, and reading back through, I say 'depends' (first 'e') like that.

Oh, and 'decipher' (first one)

'Response', too.

Or are you all just going to laugh at my accent now? :oops:

Edit: 'Poet'?

Editedit: 'Harvest'?

Wow your 6 year old gets homework like that!! :shock: Im so glad mine doesnt lol! Thats pretty hard for a 6 year old! (lol pretty) isnt it?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back