Help with lap top again please *rolls eyes*

Melly+2

Reaction score
Getting pig sick of this god damn machine, not when i try to log into certain websites it says 400 bad request, its doing it on face book too and i cant see anything anyone is sending me, im seriously considering just getting rid as im getting sooooooo annpoyed right now :x

If anyone has any ideas why its doing this i would really appreciate the help, again!

Hmm.. it only happens on certain websites? Can you post a list? What ISP provider (e.g. AOL, Tiscali etc.) do you have?

A 400 error is when the request that you sent to open the webpage in question is somehow corrupted.

It normally happens because the address is mistyped or that there is a server issue of the website you are trying to access.

It may be worth trying to access each problem website through a proxy site to eliminate any routing errors. whttp://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html would be a good one to try.

Hope this helps.

It wont even let me open the link, its mainly When i try logining in and like when i try to look at requests, on my face book pages, trying to log onto ebay, Hope it doesnt do it on here, i usually have it log me in automatically so when it make me do it i may nt be able to get back on, dont know why its doing, it, just suddenly over the past 3 days :?

yeah bout a week ago, we have this thing that keeps popping up, antivirus 2008 its called, it keeps popping up and we have to uninstall it every time we come on the computer, it wont let us delete it, it stops us going on the internet if we dont uninstall it and is trying to charge us $50 to buy it :roll: I think not, its clearly a scam but we dont know how to get rid of it :wall:

melly thats the virus OH had on his laptop...nothing would shift it. Its with you saying that about the virus thingy pop up.
Only way we got rid was returning laptop to factory settings....does wipe everything so save everything you want....
Maybe another wya if you phone like PC world or summat but thats the only way we found :(

Oh no :cry: We have loads of music, baby pics, work documants its gonna take forever to sort it all out, why me :cry:

Save what you want to a back up HD if you have one.

What anti virus do you use? And is it bang up to date with things? If so it should have caught that and quarantined it :think: If you get updates daily and scan at least weekly not much should get through.

Good luck

It wont stop it, ive tried a few times, nothing deletes it, thanks for the help x

I protect my system with AVG free anti-virus which I have found to be really good. My spyware needs are met by Spybot Search and Destroy which is also free.

I would recommend these alongside ZoneAlarm's firewall. I would be interested to hear what you have on your laptop Mel, as it sounds as though it let something through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back