help with buying ipod

annem

Reaction score
hi, i want to buy my OH an ipod. i was wondering what one to get as i know nothing about them 3rd generation, 5th generation?

and where is a good place to buy one?

As i know little about them i feel unsafe using ebay, any suggestions or advise would be great :D

Just asked my bro where he got his as he loves it to bits and can fit thousands of songs on it but no use..he got it in USA!!

My OH was looking for his new ipod when we were in Hong Kong, apparently things like that are much cheaper there, but that really wasn't the case. They are pretty much of a muchness in price.

In the end he got a new ipod Nano from Play.com as postage and packaging was free.

He got 4GB, (mine is too) and really, I don't think it needs to be much bigger unless you have a MASSIVE music collection.

Here is a link to the one he got...

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...Nano-4GB-Silver/Product.html?searchtype=genre

Play.com is very reliable, we use it for most things.

yeah my OH said to me ages ago he would wait till we went to America to buy one but i can't see that happening any time soon with a baby on the way!

had not thought of play.com thanks for that

Would recommend play.com
We get everything fromthere :lol:
Just bought a mahoosive TV (well I say 'we'!) and it arrived the next day as promised.
Not had a problem with them yet.

Play dispatched me a fake Tamagotchi once and then refused to refund me until I threatened them with Trading Standards...

(Yes I am sad to have been ordering a Tamagotchi in my mid-20s but let's ignore that fact...)

I feel a bit out of place in this thread but let me just say it anyway:

My ipod Nano broke after a year.

My husband's ipod Nano broke after a year and a half.

My friend's ipod causes trouble to his computer when he plugs it in... :?

My other's friend's ipod shuffle stopped working after about a year as well.

And yes we all took care of them, I had a ipod case and I never charged it too much.

A lot of reviews on ipods are negative.

I would recommend a really good MP3 player.

:hug:

Which? magazine's latest best buy MP3 player is the Samsung YP-U3. They say it's cheapest at Argos, Currys and Comet - £40 (1GB) or £50 (2GB). I don't know if this is of any interest to you but the magazine arrived yesterday and was sitting beside me so I thought I'd look it up for you.

My Mum bought my sister's from Amazon.co.uk (actually from Amazon not other sellers on there) and I think it is 2nd generation. You could also try Argos, Curry's and Comet. I have never had any problems with Play.com either if they have them on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back