help with advice please!!

roseanimal

Reaction score
I have a dilema. I work through a supply list and from August until Christmas I've been geting regular work from 2 schools. One gives me 6 hours a week guaranteed and whatever elae they can (within reason, obviously they need to keep other people working too) and the other I worked at last year temporary but didn't get the job again this year - 2 people, neither who work fridays got the job.
anyway school 2 (where I worked previously) have offered me ful time for the next 6 weeks (then there's the job come up again, but only until June) so here's my dilema. do I keep with school 1 where I have some hours guaranteed until june or go with school 2 and their lots of hours then maybe lots more but maybe just a few (they'll use me for supply even if I dn't get the job)

Whichever school I choose the other will be annoyed at me and most likely I'll lose their favouritism (at school 1 they give quite a bit of work cause they want to keep me doing the 6 hours guaranteed) and obviously a big chunk of work.

Arrrg! this is a horrible decision and it sucks how I have to choose between 2 schools who have both been good to me this year so far. I hate to go for school 2 for me to have nothing after Easter after they already chose someone over me, but fll time and potentially full time after easter is very tempting!

I think it depends on a lot of things, do you need the money the hours at school 2 would give you or are the hours at school 1 enough? Whatever you decide I'm sure the other school will understand that you've got to live so you either need the guaranteed hours or you need the extra money depending on which school you choose. Do you want to go to one of these schools permanently?
I'm a teacher and to me the most important thing is to like where I work and who I work with so for me I would pick the school I like the most.

I do like both schools and owe both of them a lot. That's why I feel so bad about whichever school I go for. especially if I go for school 2 even though they treated me badly (assistants' words, not mine). but then again I don't have a contract and I need to do what's est for me - people at both schools have told me that...

i decided. thanks for te help. I took the full time and the other school say I can definitely go back if I don't get the job easter til june! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back