• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! what have i agreed too!!!

mum2A&L

Reaction score
my sister is a young guide leader (she is 16 - going on 6 :lol: ), and they are doing a sponsered fancy dress walk down southends pier. well i offered to help, and me and alice would walk down with them, and raise a bit of extra cash.

im fine for a fancy dress costume, as i still have my pirates costume from last time i went running through southend high street :oops: but i have nothing for alice!

i was thinking tinkerbell, but im skint until after the walk (this friday!!!)

Ive got some pink sparkly fabric, but i don't know the first place to start.

or if not tinkerbell, does anyone have any other ideas for cheap dressing up ideas?

why don't i think of these things before offering my help :roll: :lol:

i think you should make her into a parrot no idea how but it would be brill :lol:

Have you got anything to cobble together a mini pitare outfit? Im sure there would be some good stuff in the charity shops, get some boys trousers and shred them a bit at the bottom, same with a plain t-shirt. It wouldnt take much to make an eye patch and then use some face paints???

sounds like a fun challange anyway. good luck :)

I have a baby Darth Vader suit if you wanna borrow it :rotfl:

depends on the shop.... i would say 70% of her stuff is 0-3 though.

ooo im liking the pirate idea. :think:

Hi here is a way you can make a basic 'dress'- it doesn't have to look very fitted etc because she's so young.

Fold the sparkly pink material in half. Measuring it against one of her existing outfits, cut a hole in the fold big enough for the neckline.

Sew up the sides of the bag- but not all the way up- leave unsewn at the top on either side big enough for the arms.

Ta-dah!

As it's only for the day, you need not even hem it. If it's too short, put some of her other clothes on her bottom half if you feel the need.

At her age, she is so small it would take less than an hour to make, you just have to cut the neck hole and sew most of the 2 sides.

You could make a little 'wand' somehow. Maybe wrap a spoon in the pink material, and glue/tack sew a star-shaped cut out bit on it.

No-one will care, they will think she looks lovely and cute anyway as she's a lovely baby.

And they will be impressed that you made an effort. :hug:

P.S. If you are concerned about the edge at the neck irritating her skin, you could put her very lightest of tops under it, or turn the edge onto the good side and sew round so it's away from her skin.

Sounds very interesting will keep look out for you in high street

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Are you saying I am not an expert 'designer' mum2be? :rotfl:

sounds like a plan! im going to my mums later i will borrow her sowing machine!! ive got some purple string fluff stuff. i can tie that round her waist like a belt :think:

i was going to pop her in a long sleved vest and tights as it does get windy down the pier. + it starts a 6pm, so it may be a tad on the chilly side.

my friend said she may still have a toy wand from her 21st birthday ( :roll: ) but if not, i recon i can raid my dads shed for a stick, and cover it in pink glitter :dance:

il take pics and let you know how it goes.

thanks everyone :hug: what would i do without you all!!!

Sam&Alice said:
sounds like a plan! im going to my mums later i will borrow her sowing machine!!

It will only take you 15 mins or less then! No-one is going to inspect it to see how brill your seams are or anything!

Be ace if you can borrow someone's wand :)

lol. tbh i recon she will just sleep most of the time anyway :lol:

thanks again huni :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back